Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fun with friends

Porter is living up his kindergarten days. Today he made Halloween cookies with a friend and watched a movie. These two spend just about every day together. They have picnics, play video games, play in the dirt, ride bikes, play on the play set and much more. They run back and forth from our house to his house so much that they usually leave shoes and articles of clothing at each others house. I found Porter wearing Braden's shoes the other day and asked why. He said they were just sitting by our front door and they were easy to put on.


Can you tell which ones are bats and which ones are spiders?

Watching a movie while waiting for the cookies to cook. How cute is that? They are sharing a sleeping bag.
Time to frost them. I only had to remind them a few times not to lick their fingers or the knives.
I have to say I will not be eating any of these cookies. Yes their hands were clean when they started, but there is something about how much they handled the dough that makes me say YUCK!



This picture was taken a few days ago. This kid is a monkey. He loves the monkey bars and trees. He would be a good gymnast if he wasn't going to be 8 feet tall one day.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

It's so important to have a "best" friend. I'm glad Porter has one. I think I would pass on their cookies too, but you're a good mom to let them try their culinary skills. Porter is a "monkey", but a pretty darn cute one! In fact, Denette. . . you're raising four "monkeys"(oh, five with Shane)! Good luck to you!

pan x 8 said...

There you are! Missed ya! I love how Porter is living it up! After being so sick the last couple months, I don't share with my kids anymore either. And we love monkeys ~ too bad we don't have any trees in our yard anymore!

Holly said...

That is so cute! I'm so glad you blog so I can keep up on the neighborhood! Porter is looking so big and tall. I mean thats not a surprise but still, he's changed since we left! When you see us next you'll think, "Wow, they are looking so big and short!" He He!

Machelle Kay said...

I wouldn't eat them either. How fun that he has a little buddy. they are so cute.

Machelle Kay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Machelle Kay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.