Friday, April 17, 2009

Honda Odyssey

About 3 years ago I was expecting my 4th child and needed a bigger car. We had been driving a Honda Passport, but it only seated 5. We went back and forth on getting a bigger sport utility, or a van. There were pro's and con's to both. The 2 major things that sold me on the van was the gas mileage and the ease of getting young kids in and out of the vehicle. So we bought a grey Honda Odyssey. After we bought it we started noticing that a lot of people drive the same thing and yes the same color. Still this isn't a big deal. Who really cares if you have a car like someone else? Well today I did.

I was at the good old Walmart. (I had a good cashier today. No complaints) I was trying to cross the road with 4 kids that won't stay by me. The nice Big Rig truck driver was very nice to wait as I gathered my crazy kids. So my 2 (almost 3) yr old asked for the keys as he often does. Bailey and Dallin had ran ahead and I saw them standing next to the car. It wasn't too far off. I handed Porter the keys. He quickly goes to the car and puts the key in. The door opens and in go my kids. I am about 2 feet from the front door when a lady behind me says "excuse me ma'am". I am not sure what she needs. I have all 4 of my kids here and my groceries are all in my hand. Did I drop something? I turn around and she says"this is my car". I couldn't even process that. How could this be her car? Porter opened the door with my key. Apparently she had used her keyless entry as my kids were approaching the car. It wasn't Porter who had opened it afterall. My kids all got out of the car and commented on how it didn't look like our car on the inside. I apologized and she said it was fine (not in a nice voice though). Our grey van was one row over. Woops!!!! So as I am typing this I can't stop laughing. What are the chances of that?

Flash back..............I was about 12 or so. We were shopping at JCPennys in Price. We parked out front on Main Street. We left JCP to get in the car. My sister and I got in the back seat. I kept looking for something that I thought I had left on the seat. I couldn't find it. My mom got in the driver seat and thought to herself.....this doesn't feel right.....this isn't our car. We get out and find our car 3 cars down. Yes they were both blue Corsica's. Back then you didn't lock your car doors. I felt dumb, but we weren't caught. Whew!!

This time I was caught. Good thing I hadn't opened up the back and started putting groceries in her trunk. Really I don't think I would have gone that far though.

A good laugh!

11 comments:

Heidi Keller said...

I think we have all done that a few times. Maybe that is why people like to buy yellow cars

Tara said...

LOL!!! That's the best story ever! I haven't had that one happen to me yet...but I can totally picture it! Too bad the lady didn't enjoy it even a little, and get a good laugh with you!
Tara

Tara said...

That's too funny! Another incentive for me to keep my car locked at all times though. I'd hate to scare someone to death who might accidentally open my door! We're slobs what can I say! Thanks for the laugh!

Annette said...

Thanks for sharing...I love your posts, you always make me smile..I bet that couldn't happen the same way again...too bad it had to happen to a grumpy lady!

Shani said...

That is so funny, I can always count on you for a good laugh...Thanks!!

JJ and Stephanie said...

That is hilarious!

Machelle Kay said...

That is the funniest story ever. We almost took the photography stickers off our car but I am afraid I will go to the wrong car. Looks like the stickers are staying.

Rosalyn said...

I remember getting into the wrong car. I thought it was at Smith's though. Maybe your memory is going... not mine. Next time you should buy a yellow car like Heidi mentioned.

griffin gossip said...

That is so funny!! I wish I was there. Thanks for the laugh today. I really needed one! Karen

Angelina said...

That is truly funny. I laughed hard. Thanks for sharing

pan x 8 said...

Hilarious!!

Walmart must have that affect on people. One morning running to my Dark Green Grand Caravan, rushing to get out of the rain, the door wouldn't open so I put the key into the lock and kept trying to turn. When I finally looked up my van was the next one over! hahahahaha!

That's totally funny flashback!