Does that apply to my children? I know I should speak kindly to and about adults, but what about my own kids? hmmmmm
Here are a few things I said to my children today. Yes and it is only noon.
- Stop whining.
- Don't touch that.
- Stay by me....PLEASE!!!!!
- Stay away from the escalator.
- Sit down now!!
- Get over here!
- Get off the floor. That is dirty.
- Get your finger out of your nose.
- Put your shoes back on.
- Don't hit your brother.
- LISTEN TO ME!!!!!
- Stop that now!
- Are you listening to me?
So you get the idea. I was thinking that if I were to put a please after each of these I would be ok.......or maybe change the exclamation point to a period.
At least I have the rest of the day to make up for the first half.
Note to self. Don't take your kids shopping. It brings out the worst in you and them.
6 comments:
Love it!!!
LOL!!! That is my life! I use to stare at those mothers, and now I am one! At least I'm not alone!
Tara
This just goes to show that you are a very concerned, loving mother...keep up the good work!
I believe we all become that mother!! I think by saying please at the end is good but who can remember! lol Karen
Wow! I didn't even know you could get mad Denette. :) At least I don't feel too bad for having days like that.
LOL! Here I am trying to post something nice about speaking kind as I just barked at my 7-yr-old!
Heaven help us all!!!!
Post a Comment