Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Diesel Day

Did you know today is Diesel Day? I bet you didn't. I didn't know until a week or so ago. Porter is the one that informed us that Diesel Day is the same day as his birthday. (He happened to be playing diesels with his Dad that day we had this conversation)

So how exciting was it that his Dad came to take him to Preschool in a diesel today? I mean it's Diesel Day and all. So we all rode to Preschool in the big truck. Porter was enjoying every minute.

When we got there we found about 8 very excited 4-5 yr olds. There was a big truck in the front yard. They all had to have a peek inside.
Then they all stood on the porch waiting to hear the horn. So cute.

8 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

How cute is that! Happy Diesel Day & Happy Birthday Porter!! Now that is the way to celebrate the big 5!!

pan x 8 said...

That is soooo cute! Happy Diesel Day and Birthday Porter!! Lucky guy - Best Dad ever!

pan x 8 said...

And yes, Denette, we need to get together! Missing you! Life crazier now that end of year is coming around the corner??

Norman said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PORTER and Happy Diesel Day too! Those trucks get in you blood! Sorry about dinner. Norm talked to Shane and then we weren't going. . . so I don't know what happened. Hope our little 5 year old had an awesome day!

Machelle Kay said...

That is awesome!

Holly said...

That is so cute! I had no idea there was a hug diesel in our neighborhood! Good thing too, my kids would have been jealous!

Tara said...

that is just too cute! You've gotta love 5 year olds!

The Kolste Family said...

That is so cute! I bet he was in heaven!