My sister Rosalyn flew in to help with the shower which was great. I picked her up from the airport Friday and the baking began. We had cupcakes to make and frost, chocolate and caramel covered pretzels to make, and prizes to be wrapped. All was going well until my caramel pretzels decided to stick to the wax paper. I have made these many times, but I can't remember if I ever used wax paper or not. So off to the store to buy more pretzels. (Rosalyn was pretty sure the guests would notice the paper between the caramel and the chocolate......so picky she is)


The shower was nice. Lots of family and also friends of the birth mom came. Little Bennett sure is loved.



I sent Shane and Grandpa to Chuck E.Cheese's while we had the shower. I owe them big time for that. After the shower a few of us girls went out and hit a few quilting stores. We definitely need a girls weekend sometime. We had a quick birthday party for Porter later that night while some family was still around and whew it all turned out great.......Oh I forgot to mention that I also managed to take dinner to my visiting teaching partner who had surgery that day too.
Oh, and to the guest that walked into my neighbors house because my house wasn't marked very well, we love that you have a great sense of humor and that our neighbor does too!
Did I mention that my baby is 5 today?........soon I will be an empty-nester during the day.
5 comments:
What WONDERFUL news! I love new babies... especially the ones that take the creative path to their parents... Love you.
I haven't taken a breath since the beginning of your post, until now. You are amazing, super fantastic at all of it! I know it must have been a hard weekend but so worth it to have so many happy moments!
I wish I could be there. It looked like fun.
I'm curious which neighbor it was, so funny! Crazy weekend for you, I don't know if I would have survived it!
You are super woman! Glad your parties went well. We love little Porter, and your friends can walk into my house any time! :)
Post a Comment