Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving

It happens maybe a few times a year that all the Davis family is together.


We have officially outgrown my Mom's house and had to have Thanksgiving out in the garage.  Not to worry though.  My Dad's garage is much cleaner and warmer than mine.  It also didn't hurt that the weather was beautiful.  The kids were able to play outside a lot.  With 21 kids and 15 adults there, it was a blessing that they were able to head outside.


My Dad welcomed everyone there and offered the prayer on the food.  It's crazy to think that we once were a small family of 8.  He talked of how it was a great thing to have us all in one place.  I think he even choked up a bit.  Family truly is a blessing.

While the food was cooking the guys went out for some shooting.  Us girls joked that we were going to let the guys clean up while we tried our hand at shooting.  I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have worked out very well.  Not sure they could have watched the kids and cleaned up at the same time......oh yeah, and I would have probably shot someone on accident. (I'm not much of a good shot)








Some of the other activities were taking family pictures, making sugar cookies and playing volleyball and basketball at the church.  Yes, we did cram all of this in one day.






Another good Thanksgiving!  Until next year.



No comments: