Bailey had his orchestra concert Thursday night. They did pretty well. Luckily we got there early. It was packed.
Porter sang at the city lighting at the park Friday night. All my 1st graders have participated in this over the years. One year it was snowing, another year it was raining, but this year wasn't so bad. Santa showed up on the fire truck at the end and we enjoyed donuts and hot chocolate. I'm pretty sure Santa was the real thing. He sure looked it.
Every year I have bought those chocolate advent calendars at the grocery store. My kids loved them and I have childhood memories of them too. I saw them at Macey's one day and I thought I would pick those up a little closer to Dec. 1st. When I went back to get them they were gone. I couldn't find them anywhere. That is when I ran into a blog that had used stockings for and advent calendar. It was super cute and handmade. I knew I didn't have time to hand make the stockings, but could improvise. Love the Dollar Store!! Yes I started a week late, but better late than never. I stuffed my stockings with treats and a scripture. I just hung it up and recognize it needs garland on the top and maybe lights, but it is a start. I still plan on making the stockings, but that gives me a year to find old sweaters to use for them.


2 comments:
MERRY CHRISTMAS one and all! Tell Bailey "good job"! He is so talented. . . we're so proud of him. Porter is "the man" too! They are so blessed to follow in their Mother's footsteps (and their Dad's)! Your children are amazing. . . love everyone of them!
Those work great!
Post a Comment