Saturday, March 21, 2009

Grandma's are Great!!!!

My boys have some awesome Grandma's.

This is what we like most about Grandma's.

1. They babysit us.

2. They take us to McDonalds.

3. They play with us.

4. They let us do things our parents say no to. (stay up late)

5. They make or buy us treats.

6. They think we are cute. (Bailey laughed at that one)
7. They rarely say no.

Last Tuesday Shane and I had the opportunity to go to a Jazz game. Shauna (Grandma Steen) said she would watch the boys. The kids were so excited to hang out with her. They got off the bus and got right in the car. The whole way up Porter kept asking if Grandma would take them to McDonalds. Grandma and her sister Alayna did just that. It made Porter's day. When we came home Shane and I commented on how much money that saved us. Paying a babysitter for 8 hours would have been a small fortune.

Grandma Davis came up yesterday to watch the boys for 2 days. Yesterday was our 11th Anniversary. We wanted to get away and she agreed to watch the boys. At first Porter was sad. He didn't want her to come here. He wanted to go to her house. He got over that pretty fast. She was even brave and took all four to a store to buy a ball and bat. They came back from the store with many treats too. (I swear she likes her grand kids more than her kids. When I was little We NEVER got treats at the store.)

It helped that it was a nice day today. They were able to play ball, fly kites, and play in the yard.

Shane and I didn't go very far. We stayed downtown Salt Lake. We did a session in the SL Temple, where we were married 11 years to the day. That was a cool experience. I love the SL Temple. It has so much history to it.

It was also fun to see all the Brides outside. It brought back a lot of memories.

8 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

I'm glad you guys got to go away this year! Your new playset looks great!! I'm very grateful for grandma's too!!

Tara said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a fun weekend alone! How nice!
Grandma's are the best! What would we do without them?
Tara

Annette said...

Happy Anniversary! How lucky for the boys that they have Grandmas that are living.

Rosalyn said...

I know we didn't get treats from mom, but remember going to Grandma Palmers house? She always had something for us. That is just the job of Gradma's

The Kolste Family said...

I saw your mom out playing baseball with your kids + quite a few extra neighbor kids. What a cool grandma!

Machelle Kay said...

I agree with Roz. It is the job of the grandma. Logan's mom has chocolate just for the boys when we come and we don't get any. But I am jealous of doing a session in the SLC Temple. I was married their also and I haven't had a chance to go back.

Delora said...

I am glad you had a Happy Anniversary. Grandmas are sure fun. I know my kids like it when my mom watches them. I am glad you had some fun alone time with Shane.

Angelina said...

Happy anniversary! It is fun to do a session on your anniversary. Sometimes, we do sealings for our anniversary. It is neat to hear the promises you made to each other. I agree that grandma's sure do know how to spoil a child. When we are Grandma's we will do the same.