Just have to vent for a minute. Today, I HATE WALMART. I went to grab a variety of things. This is what I like about Walmart. You can pick up paint, a DVD, milk, underwear and toothpaste all in one stop. The prices are good too. So off I go with Porter (newly potty trained, which makes me a bit nervous) and Wyatt. We are off to a good start. I get everything I need and get to the checkout.
The checkout process is going great. I haven't lost a kid nor had an accident yet. The total comes to $103.47. I have $100 in cash and decide to use it and put the rest on the debit card. Shouldn't be too hard. The cashier takes the cash and begins to process my card. As I am signing the keypad I am told it didn't go through. I need to try again. So I do. It kicks me out again. I am thinking it is my card, so I switch to another card. 2 tries with the same outcome. It wasn't denying my card, it just wouldn't process it. It has to be their system.
The cashier looks at me as if I can fix it. So I say "Let's just take the batteries off. Then it will be under $100." She replies "I don't know where the batteries are". Well lady, I don't either. Let's look. What else would you suggest we do? (That was all in my head of course) I find the batteries and she takes them off the price. She looks at the total and says "Now it says -$2.50." Yes that is right. Now you owe me 2.50. Do I need to run the cash register for you? (again in my head) She then said "I can't put that on your card. Do you just want to buy a couple candy bars or something?" Seriously!!!! Can you not call a manager and have the till opened to give me $2.50? Apparently swiping my card messed everything up. Lucky me, I searched a little harder and found a stash of my children's money in my wallet. I was able to keep the batteries and go home. I felt bad for the people behind me. I generally don't like to cause trouble.
So that was today. When things like this happen you push it aside as a bad experience. The problem is, I seem to have them happen more often than not at Walmart. (Never at Target or the grocery store) A month ago. I gave the cashier $100 and she typed it in as $1000. We laughed a bit, but then she voided the whole transaction because she couldn't figure out the correct change. I got to sit there as she re-rang my items. Yes that was fun.
A year or so ago, my son was buying a bike and handed the cashier his cash he had saved up. She couldn't count it. There were 20's, 10's, 5's and 1's all mixed together. Heaven forbid we sort it like a 7 yr old would and then count it. Shane and I were so close to pulling out our debit card to take care of it. We were trying to teach our son about money and she wasn't helping. I believe Shane took it from her and counted it for her.
So, will I go back to Walmart? Yes. Like I said, a necessary evil.
10 comments:
This was hilarious! I've had the same thing happen to me at the Springville Wal-Mart. Don't ya think a cashier should know simple math in order to run a register. Good thing you store your kids money in your purse ;)
I agree walmart= evil lol im sorry but the cashiers have issues doing their jobs
Good old Walmart! I've had the same kind of problems! I swear I'll never go back, but like you said - it's so convenient to get everything at one stop! Just be glad you weren't buying fabric - the people they hire to measure and cut fabric are priceless! Friday I had a cashier ask me to "look away" because I was making her nervous watching her scan my items....then she asked if my kids could stand at the back of the line because they were making her nervous - and it was a good day for them - they were only standing there actually being quiet and doing nothing...And they dare put a "was your cashier friendly?" button on the debit machine....hmmm if only they had a full keyboard I'd tell them what I really thought!
Tara
When we lived in Cedar I had finally had it one day and emailed a complaint online to them. I got a phone call from the Cedar manager and she had a million excuses for every complaint I had. I was so mad! Customer service doesn't matter in a necessary evil situation because what difference are my suggestions and complaints going to make to that kind of a huge store. I'm sad I'm not the only one that experiences this stuff!
I am sorry you seem to always have so much trouble at Walmart. I never have money problems they just seem to be out of evything I want at that time. But it is true, the prices are good and they have everything, so we go back. Better luck next time.At least you didn't have any accidents!
Denette, you crack me up!!! But I must also agree that Wal~Mart is the "Devil Store" (my sister-in-laws name for it...she works at Albertsons). It's almost like one of those love/hate relationships; you can't stand it but you can't live without it!!
Ditto! I refuse to shop at our Walmart here in Flagstaff. I will pay a little more for the better service. Oh and by the way I am totally jealous that Porter is potty trained. Austin is not even close. I think he is going to be about 4 when it fially happens. Yeah for me.
Well if you think the cashiers are bad try the customer service department. I swear sometimes I would rather throw the item away than to have to take it back to them.
I agree. I try to not shop there but find myself there every other week or so for the same reason. It is convenient to get everything in the same place. It is fun to hear how you can turn a simple story into a gut laughing experience.
Well I won't even get started with me opinion of Wal Mart. I just had an experience this morning that was maddening and Tara told me to read your Blog. I couldn't even laugh because it's so rediculous. Where do they find these people? I am all for hiring the handicapped but not at the cash register. I can't believe Tara B's story. My heck! Talk about stupid!!! See I said don't get me started. It brings out the worst in me. Sorry!
Post a Comment