Tuesday, June 9, 2009

1st camping trip of the season

Every year the Steen's go to the campground just north of the Manti Temple. This year we bought a camp trailer and were pretty excited to take it out. Just think......No more coolers, wet bedding, cold nights, leaky air mattresses, kids snoring in my ear. I could go on.

We left Thursday night and came home Sunday afternoon.

Saturday was free fishing day so we headed up Ephraim canyon along with the whole town of Ephraim for some fun on a pond. There were contests and food. A few of the cousins won fishing poles. My kids weren't going to leave the pond long enough to participate in the contests.

It is hard to get a picture of their faces. I wasn't going to wade out there. Yes they are all fishing pretty close to each other, but we didn't have much of a choice. It was packed. We spent most of our time uncrossing lines. John was the only one that caught a fish. We came back to camp and the kids were dying to swim. The weather wasn't really warm and the water was worse. Sooooooo Cold. I just stood on the sidelines and took pictures.

Shelly, John and Shane.This picture says it all. Look at Wyatt's face. That is COLD!!!
Later after dinner, Bailey and John went for a bike ride. Bailey lost control of his bike. He flipped over the handle bars and his head hit one of these rocks.
He ended up with 3 stitches. We will see if his eyebrow grows back. Thanks to John, who carried him back to camp.

On our way home the boys wanted to know when we were going camping again. When we were home I asked the boys what were some of their favorite things. Here is what they said
Getting stitches (we all laughed)
Sitting in the balcony of the Tabernacle for church (I also saw Shane Branch visiting that ward)
Fishing
Swimming (not everyone agreed that that was fun)
Making fires
Riding bikes with cousins
Riding four wheelers



5 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Tell Bailey to watch out for those rocks. We all know how dangerous they can be when a bike comes into contact with them. aka Jared.

pan x 8 said...

Whoa - it wouldn't be a complete weekend w/o a trip to the ER. I love how they really want to go swimming and they KNOW it's not warm enough.. but do it anyway!

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Aren't you from Wellington? (Did I get that right?) ;p

Tara said...

That is exactly why I don't want to go camping! We have the same kind of luck! Poor kid! I bet the boys will remember that camping trip forever!
Tara

The Peterson 5 said...

Good times! Good times!!

Nelson News said...

Never a dull moment at the Steen's! Poor Bailey, but what a great memory for everyone else ;)!