
Porter has always been a Daddy's boy. How could he not be? He is like his Dad in every way possible. They look alike and act alike. I have often referred to Porter as Shane's clone. I have told Shauna (Shane's mom) that I get to experience raising Shane, through Porter. They both love trains, horses, trucks and drawing. Whenever Shane tries to do any of thess activities alone he has to sneak out or understand that his little friend will be right behind him.
So, yes there are times I am jealous. Porter won't even give me a kiss at night until after his Dad. "Dad first" is what he tells me. I try to get him a drink before bed and he says "No, Dad do it".
Well this past weekend I decided it may not be all that bad being 2nd best. While sitting on the couch I hear Porter yell for me. Seconds later he realized that his Dad was home so he yelled for him. He was doing his bathroom business and needed help. You know I don't mind one bit Shane if you would take care of that.
Just yesterday he woke up from a nap cranky. He really didn't want anything to do with me. He wanted his dad to fix him some food. Shane, go right on ahead and take care of that. I will just sit right here and read the adds.
Porter insists on sitting next to Shane for all his meals. I think I will just sit over here and enjoy my meal while you (Shane) get to deal with the food that doesn't stay on his plate, cutting his meat, wiping up the spilled milk etc.
During the day Porter is mine. He will cuddle, let me read him a book, play trucks with him, and even eat by me. It's only when his Dad is around that I am 2nd Best, but I think I am ok with that. Hopefully he turns out JUST LIKE HIS DAD!!!
7 comments:
In those cases I like being 2nd best too!
I love being 2nd best in your definition as well. Esp when the kids are sick and they want big arms to hold them!! I'll be 2nd all they want... ;p
Great post! Love it! Max is the same way and I, too, LOVE it when he INSISTS that his dad wipe his bum! It does have it's perks! ;)
Yes!!!! After three kids that only wanted me I'm loving the freedom of having #4 only want his dad! Although I dare say it is doing Blake in! It's great - It just makes me smile every time he has to jump!!!!!!
Tara
Oh Porter is so cute! 2ND BEST IS SAD! I am tooo! I think I always have bee with Brink! They are stinkers!
Missed all of you at the reunion!! IT is not the same without all of ya there. maybe next time!
Sweet blog, Denette! You're an awesome Mom (and wife). . . . I can tell how much you love them both. Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment