Wyatt has been waiting for this day for awhile now. His brothers started last week and he was up and ready to go with them everyday.
Today he was first in line. There is no way he was going to let me take him the first day. The bus is just so exciting. I asked his older brothers to make sure he got to his class. (worried mom) My big fear was that he would get lost in the crowd with all the kids that are getting off of buses.
This is his little neighbor buddy. It was his first day too.
This was the cutest!!! I don't think you can see because of the tinted windows. He was in the 3rd or 4th row from the back waving to me with a huge smile on his face.
It is also Bailey's birthday today. He is 10. As soon as the bus left I got in the car to get a treat for Bailey's school class. It was different only having one child with me. Anyway, I went in the school to give it to Bailey and saw Wyatt's class in the hall. They had clipboards in hand identifying different things around the school. I casually walked by and waved, trying not to distract him. It was good for me to see that he made it safe. (I mean I knew he would make it safe, but you know)
I dropped off Bailey's treat. He was excited to see Porter and I. He was wearing a big birthday cake hat on his head. It was kind of funny. I would have taken a picture, but they were in the middle of a reading thing. I didn't want to interrupt or be one of those annoying moms that can't put her camera down.
Wyatt came home and told me that he can now read. (Great!!! That is some teacher that can teach you to read in a day.)
7 comments:
That crazy Wyatt is so cute! I can't believe he is in Kindergarten!!
What a brave boy to go all by himself on the first day. I can just picture his cute smile on the bus. Zack goes all day tomorrow...that makes me a little sad, but he is excited. Tell Bailey Bob, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I love it! Mary-Tessa totally wants to learn how to read before her appt with her teacher on Mon ~ yeah like that's going to happen!!
He is so brave and you're such a good Mom to let him go... I still walked my 2nd grader to her classroom this morning.. I know.. that was more for me and not for her..
And did you know you are friends with the crazy Mom who can't put the camera down?? jk ;p LOL
Glad you and Wyatt survived the 1st day of Kindergarten!
That's the best! How cute is he?! Matty was really annoyed with me that I was taking his picture with his teacher. But all the other mom's were doing it so that makes it ok right?! :)
How cute is he! All big with all the other boys! You have such cute boys!
I love that Kid!!! He is so cotton-pickin' CUTE! Glad his first day of school went so well. Glad it went well for you too, Denette!
You are so brave to send him on the bus on his first day. I am glad he is liking it.
I bet it was an emotional day, but sounds exciting for him. And he must but one of those super smart kids that can learn to read in one day, that would be amazing!
Post a Comment