1. Block of wood
2. Hatchet
3. Lots of paper towels
4. Insurance card
5. Flex Spending
You got it. I was cold and thought I would start a fire before I got dinner started. I started cutting some of the wood for kindling. (I have done this many times, always thinking one day I might get hurt.) Well it happened. I didn't move my finger fast enough and I hit it with the hatchet. I felt like I had just smashed it until I saw the blood. Great!!! Boys, call your Dad. We need to head to insta-care. I got the tip of it pretty good. I missed the bone which was good (I guess), but did a pretty good number on it. 2 hours, 3 x-rays, a tourniquet to stop the bleeding , 4 hungry kids, and 9 stitches later it is all put back together. (4 on the inside and 5 on the outside)

12 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is terrible! A few years ago I was showing someone how to use the sewing machine and she pushed the peddle down in time for the needle to go straight through my nail to the other side of my finger. Of course I fainted... How in the world did you keep it together? I can say the the numbing shots were the worst part. Well now your boys will have one awesome story to tell their friends at school next week right?
Oh, Denette, you look so brave! I got a paper cut and cried. Glad you didn't have to cook dinner. How are you today? Get Shane to take you to dinner tonight too. . . you deserve it!
Yikes!!! I guess it makes for a good story.
OUCH!!!! That looks awful! I would have passed out. I'm fine dealing with my kids, but if I see my own blood it's all over! That must have been nasty to need two layers of stitches. Glad you missed the bone...I hope you get out of dishes and cooking for quite a while! Plus, no more fire starting for you!
Wow! That is awful! Did you cut off the whole tip of your finger, or was it just barely hanging on? Ouch! I almost cut off the tip of my finger a couple of years ago. It definitely wasn't as bad as yours, but it freaked me out.
You should have taken your finger tip to wendy's and put it in the chili then you would never have to cook again!!!!!! Hope you o.k. love lots!!!!
Holy Cow, Denette!! OUCH!! That's the worst manicure job I've EVER seen done...I sure hope you got your $$ back!!
Holy Smokes!!! That looks so painfull!!! I'm glad you're on the mend now. Being a mom is so much harder with an injury on your hand seeing as how they are your most used tool!!! I hope it heals fast and that you get some extra pampering in the mean time!!!
I hope this doesn't affect your piano playing. I hope you feel better soon.
Oh my word Denette!!! First of all that you'd do the wood yourself, you are a good woman! Glad things are all better even after that horrid night at insta care!
I never want a Redneck Manicure!! I'll pass on that one! Hope you're feeling better!!
Your finger looks horrible, but you look so pretty. :)
I hope you're feeling better now.
Post a Comment