Monday, March 1, 2010

Not as Planned

Rarely do things go as planned. My little sister Machelle was coming to Utah for an extended weekend. She made it to Wellington fine. The plan was to stay here for a day on her way back home and we would have a family get together with our brothers who live in Utah. Friday night I got a call that her 2 boys were not feeling well. We decided to push the get together back to Monday evening. That would give the boys a few days to get better. Sunday night I get a call from my mom. Garrett (the youngest) was in the ER. He had RSV. Poor little guy. So we put the dinner on hold. I talked with and texted Machelle daily hoping he was doing well. Each day she had hopes of being out of the hospital soon. The days ended up being a week. Garrett was released Saturday. Machelle was bummed that the get together wasn't going to work. I haven't seen her since Thanksgiving 2008. We were finally able to catch up with each other in Wellington. Her trip didn't go as planned, but we were glad to see her.

Poor Logan was stuck in Boise that whole week going to school. He tried a few times to make plans to get down here, but truthfully between all the Grandmas, Grandpa, and Great Aunts his little family was being taken care of.

Machelle playing cards with my boys. They loved it.
Cute little Garrett. He doesn't look sick does he?

Grandma Davis brought Tyler up to my boys basketball games. He cheered for everyone as they made baskets. Garrett was still in the Hospital.

Grandma playing Candyland.

Garrett during a breathing treatment.

Update on my finger. I got the stitches out today. That wasn't pleasant. I have had to be creative when playing the piano. I still have use of 9 fingers so why would it be so hard? I go to demonstrate for a student and they laugh at me. Well, not out loud......I can tell they are holding it in.
Porter told me to cover up my finger the other day. He looked at it and said, "Mom your finger hurts me." That's funny Porter, it hurts me too.

7 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Are your boys in Spider Man costumes? I need to get one of those. Davis was in a dress the other day. Lets just say Dave wasn't exactly laughing. I am glad you got to see Machelle.

Shauna said...

I'm glad you finally got together with Machelle. Also glad her little guy is doing better. He is adorable. Sorry about your finger. I know getting the stitches removed is not pleasant. Hang in there, Denette and just keep taking drugs! I'm with Porter,keep it covered. See you Wednesday for Dallin's game. Should we eat before or after? Let me know.

Machelle Kay said...

I am so glad someone posted about the weekend because I am still so tired I don't want to do anything. :) I had so much fun with your family. I need to find more excuses to come down.

Angelina said...

I'm sorry your nephew had RSV. Glad he is feeling better Glad your finger is healing too. I wondered how you would play the piano. Good luck

Tara said...

So sad! Poor little guy! Glad he's doing better! Glad your finger is doing better. That is so cute that Porter said that! What a sweetie!!!

pan x 8 said...

I'm glad you were able to spend some time together... RSV sucks!!

And I wish we lived closer... do you teach piano?? My kids could finally start lessons!

Jared said...

Machelle was able to stop by our house on her way back home. She even gave me a hug.