
I was living the high life. Living with my parents, going to school, and working a job that I was good at. I had been home from my mission for 2 years and thought I had a few more before I would get married. Actually, I was beginning to wonder if I would ever get married.
My sister Sally kept us brothers dancing. Any time we were home she would make sure we went to church dances and country night at The Bay. After two years I had come to the conclusion that I wasn't going to meet my wife dancing. Little did I know how things were going to change.
One night at The Bay I was sitting in my usual spot watching everyone dance, when up walks the girl who would change my Life. Denette asked me to dance, but I swept her off her feet. The next time I was at The Bay she was there again. We danced and I asked her to save me the last dance, which was always a slow song. I was working up the nerve to get her number. The last dance of the night came and I went for it. It was a success. My brother Scott was there that night. Scott asked, "did you just get that girls number?" I said, "yes". He then said "you're going to marry that girl". That was the first and last number I got dancing. Scott was right.
We went out the next weekend and the next and the next. I don't know of any weekend we haven't seen each other since I got her number. Even when school got out and my job took me on the road we continued to see each other on the weekends. I think being gone during the week helped Denette appreciate me more. She looked forward to the weekends and the phone calls from wherever I was during the week.
The summer flew by and the change in the air was more than just the approaching fall. Denette and I were definitely heading for married. By the time I proposed in December she already had a Temple date set. Looking back on it now, it was harder to get her phone # than it was to ask her to marry me. It's hard to believe March 20th, 1998 was twelve years ago. I'm still living the high life.
Denette, save me the last dance!
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! It's hard to believe that was already 12 years ago!
Happy Anniversay! So what song are you going to dance to tonight??
I love it! You two were made for each other. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Twelve years! It will be 45 for Dad and I! Our meeting wasn't quite that exciting. . . met at CHURCH! Love at first sight for me, it took Dad quite a lot longer, but we're still hangin' in there 45 years later. WOW!
Happy Anniversary! That's so cool! Time does fly so fast when you are having so much fun!
Love the "guy" side of the story!!
Shane! Happy Anniversary! I love the story!
Post a Comment