
Most of the time I don't like hearing those words. "All by myself" It means that I have to wait forever for it to be done, or it won't be done right. It is usually my 4 yr old that says them.
Bailey has been saying them more often and I kinda like it. Yesterday he said to me, "mom, we should have planted strawberries in the garden." I asked why and he said "because we are out of jam." We do have a strawberry patch, but usually the birds get to them before we do. I found it funny that he didn't put strawberry jam on my grocery list. He wanted freezer jam which in my book is far tastier than bottled jam.
So that afternoon I ran to the store for a few items and saw strawberries on sale. Perfect!! Bailey can make his own jam. I came home and said "I bought you jam, but you have to make it." He did just that. He only made one batch, but learned how easy it is and I wouldn't be surprised if he is our jam maker now.
Just this week he has made cookies, brownies and now jam. When he was making cookies I asked why he was and his reply was "I want to see if I can make them better than you." hmmmmm

A side note. The first picture has a mess behind Bailey. I am getting ready for Trek and that is my gathering spot. I was pretty tempted to not include that picture in my post because of it, but then thought how silly is that? Do you care that my counters have "stuff" on them? Probably not. I'm sure it bothers me more than you.
10 comments:
I love this post. I'm always embarrassed of things in the background of my pictures. And you're right, how dumb is that?
I didn't even notice a mess in your picture - even when I went back and looked. I was too busy looking at that cute cute boy.
I had to go back and look too I didn't notice either. And I must say, that looks spotless - if that's a mess I'm in trouble!
I think it's so cool that Bailey wants to try making stuff! My brother and my dad were the best cooks at our house!
Those were some yummy brownies!! I think I ate at least three of them!
Bailey is amazing! I was in my thirties when I made my first frozen jam. His brownies were delicious. What a kid! I think he's a "keeper"!
That is totally awesome! And yes, my dear friend, you care about it more than we because I had to go back to the picture to see what you were talking about! hahaha... And ~ I'm totally that way too!
What a great kid!! I had to go back and look again, too! My house is still in a mess from the move and it's literally driving me crazy!!!
Way to go Bailey!
Good job! My kids love helping me in the kitchen too. My four year old helped me when I made Strawberry Jam. Gotta teach them when they're young and let them enjoy it.
I think we all have a few things on our counters! No worries!
Bailey that is awesome. Tyler yesturday drew a picture of Bailey. I was shocked I didn't know he even remembered him but he does.
SO COOL!!!!
Post a Comment