We took the boys up to Timpanogos Cave today. After over 2 hours of us chasing our boys all over the visitor center we were able to finally start our hike. Holidays are not a good day to do this. Some people were waiting 4 hours to start the hike. It would have been a good idea to leave for those 2 hours. You know get lunch, take a nap and come back, but we got an AMAZING parking spot right up front that we were not going to lose. (It took us turning around 26 times to get it, but all worth it)

We walked about 10 steps and Shane thought he needed a rest already. This was going to take forever if we stopped at EVERY bench.


No, we didn't hit every bench. People were sitting on some of them. How rude!!

A few weeks ago a man died on the trail. We were explaining to the boys how they had to be careful and not get close to the edge. Here Porter was asking WAY TOO MANY questions about this man. Many of those questions we couldn't answer. Here he is asking his Dad where the man is now. Porter is getting a good Plan of Salvation talk.

The snow capped mountains in the distant were pretty. The camera didn't capture that very well. I need some lessons from Weston on how to use my camera.

No Benches? No problem. We can sit in the middle of the trail.

Bailey trying his hand at Photography. Not too bad.

Inside the cave. Again, not easy to take a picture of.

My boys were troopers. All 4 of them made it up without complaining. We did carry Porter a short while coming back down, but his spirits were high which made the activity enjoyable.
6 comments:
Cute family! What fun! (if you're young). You picked the perfect day (not too hot, not too cold). Poor Porter. First he gets scared of Star Wars and now the hiking trail. What a tender little heart! Were you training for the upcoming Trek? The pictures were really fun. . . thanks for sharing. Pretty good photograhy, Bailey Bob!
"Happy Trails" to all of you!
That looked like a ton of fun. I have been wanting to go to Timpanogas cave. You asked where we were on our camping trip over Memorial Day weekend. It was up 12 mile canyon near mayfield. The lake is called new field feeder.
Seriously Denette, I would've stayed the 2 hours too if I had an rockin' awesome parking spot that took 26 turn arounds to get!!
How rude of those other hikers to take up your benches? LOL And I love the millions of ?? Porter asked reminds me of Tessa and the elephants last Mon.. lol (I'm sure Shane had more patience than me after the 20th question..)
And you have such a cute cute family!!
Sounds like fun. We have been wanting to go to Timp too. I am glad you didn't have to carry anyone for too long.
haha! I love that it all revolves around a great parking space! Heck, I'm the same way at WalMart...
I've never been to Timp. but I've been wanting to take the kids! Looks like you guys had a great time!
I've never been to Timp cave, but I went to Leman Cave when I was young. That's a trip my husband has been wanting to take. Glad you all made it!
Post a Comment