The title is a little misleading. We have caught fish before, but never kept them. Grandma said she would fry one up if one was caught. So when the first fish was caught we put him on a chain and let it hang out in the water for a minute. Dallin was bothered by this. Was the fish suffering? He really wanted to release it. (I don't think Dallin will ever be a hunter.)
We brought it back to camp and had Shane and Dad show them how to gut it. By the look on Bailey's face he isn't all that impressed. Actually he came back to the trailer and said, "I will never do that again. It was a girl fish" I asked how he knew and he said, "It had a lot of eggs inside".
Grandma fried it up and gave them a tiny piece to try. Here they are playing with it.
Porter chows down on it. He doesn't care.
I think Dallin finally put his tongue on it.
So I guess my boys aren't fish eaters. Neither am I. I don't know if it is the taste or the smell I hate worse.
We brought it back to camp and had Shane and Dad show them how to gut it. By the look on Bailey's face he isn't all that impressed. Actually he came back to the trailer and said, "I will never do that again. It was a girl fish" I asked how he knew and he said, "It had a lot of eggs inside".
Porter chows down on it. He doesn't care.
I think Dallin finally put his tongue on it.
So I guess my boys aren't fish eaters. Neither am I. I don't know if it is the taste or the smell I hate worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment