That didn't last long. It was freezing!! 
We headed over to the Bar-J-Wranglers and waited and waited. I think the boys were a little bored.

That would be why they started arm wrestling. And just plain wrestling.
The show was great, as usual. Dallin now wants to work on a ranch and learn to play the fiddle.
So on our way out of town we grabbed some food at Wendy's and hit a park. I think the guy working the counter had had a stressful day. Shane didn't get a fork or dressing with his salad. We didn't get sauce with our nuggets or ketchup for our fries. Good thing Shane carried a pocket knife. He was able to stab that salad and pretend it had yummy dressing on it.
I don't have a picture of this, but my sister Rosalyn was in Jackson also. She had come up a few days earlier. We tried a few times to see each other, but it never worked. So after we had lunch here at this park we went to take potty breaks and guess who we ran into? Yep, the Roach family. Isn't that crazy? So we chatted for awhile hanging out at the public restroom.
We took off from Jackson to meet up with the rest of the family. I was excited to meet the 2 new babies that had been added to the family. The house we stayed in was perfect. I don't think that bathrooms were ever fought over because there were plenty of them. It was stocked with toys for the kids, games for the adults, and a view that was amazing. (Shane really liked the porch)
One of the activities that my boys really enjoyed was shooting guns. They shot clay pigeons and targets. I don't think Bailey and Dallin ever got tired of it. Bailey even hit a few pigeons with the shot gun.
This was the gun of choice for Dallin. He had absolutely no fear. He shot that thing like you see the cops in the movies. boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. Ok reload. Let's do it again.
Even Wyatt got a shot. I believe he might be too little for this. He needed Shane and Weston hold up his arms. He probably should have hung out with the BB Guns and Bows and Arrows that were being shot over the hill.
It is my turn. I don't think I have shot a gun since I took hunters safety back when I was 12 or so. As you can see, Jen is laughing at me. I screamed when I shot it because it scared me. It was a lot louder than I thought it would be and the kick was too. I didn't ever hit a target, but I did get to the point that I didn't scream.
Oh, cute Porter. I'm not sure the ear protection works if it isn't on your ears.
Later in the day we took a trip to the Minetonka Cave. We took up a whole tour which was nice. I think the guide thought we were crazy. The next day we went on a small hike to Bloomington Lake. (A glacier lake) The wind was kind of chilly and the water was really cold. No jumping in is what I said.
So of course it is my child (Porter) that loses his balance on the log and falls in. It is like ice water. Luckily he landed on his feet and only the bottom half of him was wet.
Bailey wants to follow his uncles examples and swing out on the lake. My fear was that he would let go and fall in. The water was low and directly below him was a huge rock, which doesn't look as big in this picture.
Later that day Machelle's family and mine went to the North Beach. The water was warm and the sand fun.
Shane and Machelle made a sand castle with the help of the kids. Decorating it with shells found on the beach. Later I had the kids destroy it which made Porter cry. All his hard work smashed.
A trip would not be complete without something going wrong. We had a flat tire. There aren't too many fix it shops up that way, but we did find one.

So much fun. We can't wait to plan another one. One of my favorite nights was when the adults gathered in the living room after the kids had gone to bed. We looked at all the pictures we had taken in the past few days on the TV. There is nothing better than to laugh together. And if you know anything about the Davis family, they love to laugh.
A few memories
- Machelle's wedding ring is real.
- Only Porter can say he peed in Minetonka Cave (in a bag of course).
- Rosalyn was voted Mother of the Year.
- Hot tubs are probably more fun if they are hot.
-Why put kids in a bed when they will only fall out and sleep on the floor. Maybe they should start on the floor.
8 comments:
It was a lot of fun! Just for the record though, we didn't hang out in the bathroom by the toilets, there was a waiting area just outside that was CLEAN!
That sounds like a great trip!!! Funny that you'd run into your sister at the park restroom of all places! I've got lots of relatives up that way and I haven't visited in years. Your pictures of Bear Lake and sand castles brought back lots of fun memories!
Looks like it was a lot of fun! We should be back in Utah Monday or Tuesday. We can't wait! You will have until then to return everything and drain the hot tub again. :) That way, we will never know.
What a big, cute family!
Hi! I think we were in the area of JH at the same time! Bummer! We got there the 13th and left the evening of the 15th! Looks like you had fun!
So that's where you've been all summer!
I know today is my first day of first grade and it's 11:00 and these two are going at each other! We've already played at the playground, had snacks, watched a little TV and now on to playing Toy story match up...
We need to get together for lunch soon!
Sounds like a way fun reunion. I love Jackson Hole. Haven't been there since high school though.
In the family picture, Jared is holding a little boy. Did they adopt?
I might have to challenge that Hot tubs are no fun cold. We sure had fun and I will never forget it either.
Post a Comment