Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Babysitting Job

I have been a Stay at home Mom for 11 years now. Porter a few weeks ago asked when Bailey, Dallin, and Wyatt go to school if I was going to be his babysitter. Hmmmm never thought of myself as a babysitter to my own children, but whatever.

So today was the first day of school, meaning it was my first day as Porters babysitter. Here were a few of our activities

We played chess. (I don't really know how nor does Porter so it was pretty interesting.)
We made cookies for the older boys.
We picked tomatoes out of the garden.
We played Power Rangers.
We took a nap......wait that was just me. I couldn't keep my eyes open.
We had lunch with Dad.
We played Mario Kart.

3:30 rolled around and I guess my babysitting services weren't needed anymore. I mean his older brothers are home. I am only his babysitter when they are at school.

6 comments:

Angelina said...

I think it will be like that for me this year too. Abigail is in 1st grade and Wyatt is going to be so lonely.

Tara said...

That is too cute!! I have to remind Blake that it isn't babysitting when it's your own kid....it's being the responsible parent. Needless to say, whenever I have plans I still have to ask him if he can babysit the kids for me....

pan x 8 said...

Pretty interesting afternoon with just one kid - for ALL day! Great job, "Babysitter!"

Tara said...

How cute is that!!! What a sweetie! Jackson Hole and Bear Lake look so fun! I've never been but now I want to go!

Ginger said...

That's cute! My husband also calls it "babysitting" when he has to watch the kids while I'm gone.

Mary said...

What a cutie, Denette! We love and miss that little Porter. Hope you have fun 'babysitting' him this year! How weird that's gotta be just having him home. Enjoy it while it lasts! He's growing so fast.