Sunday, September 12, 2010

Steen Campout

Every year the Steen's go down near Manti to camp and see Shane's Aunt and Uncle. This year we drove a little further and went to Palisades. Instead of a really cold pool we had a really cold lake. The kids didn't mind. They still jumped in off the paddle boats and had fun. (Paddle boats were not engineered for tall people. Your knees hit your nose when paddling.) The golf course was next door. We took the kids over just to make the "real" golfers mad......we aren't a quiet group. Here is Shane showing the group how it is done. I believe the last time he was golfing was just after we were married.....look at that form......like I said "a pro".
Here is Shelly correcting Shane on his form.
Don't forget about style. You have to look good while golfing. Cowboy boots, swim shorts and an over sized T-shirt should do it.
Lunch time!

Shane taking his sisters bike for a ride.

The only thing missing was the fire. They don't have fire pits so the first night we stood around a lantern for warmth. (too bad I didn't get a picture of that)
Good times!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Looks fun!

The Peterson 5 said...

Shane looks great on my bike...Steve likes to take it for spins too! It was a fun camp out! I still can't believe our kids jumped in that dingy lake...well it's probably just as clean as the pool usually is!

Shauna said...

Fun times! Thanks for sharing, Denette. I'm glad you guys take pictures. However, from those pictures, I've decided we're ALL NUTS! Great memories!

pan x 8 said...

Shane is hilarious on the bike - hafta say pink may just be his color! =) I love that your family loves to have as much fun as our family with the crazy outfits and loud ongoing laughter!