Saturday, September 25, 2010

1st Scout Campout

Last weekend the 11 yr old scouts went on a camp out up the canyon near our home. This was Bailey's first scout camp out. He was soooooo excited. He was excited to be in charge of cooking the dutch oven potatoes and to be camping without his brothers.
A few of the boys trusted the others to catch them. Baileys first attempt was successful........but not the second time. Baily had a second go at it and didn't stay stiff. He ended up on the ground.
Shane was able to go with them. That made Bailey's day and mine too if you know what I mean.
They had a lot of fun and can't wait for another time. We have 2 amazing scout leaders. They have both been in there for awhile, but I sure hope they stay there for another year. The leaders can make the difference.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I hope they have good leaders when my son goes into scouts next year. It really does make all the difference.

Melanie Yetter said...

I am so excited that Bailey is now in Scouts and he got to go on his first campout. Yes, we have wonderful leaders!

Shauna said...

Way to go, Bailey! It looks like you had fun. Glad your Dad could come along. That way you could watch out for each other!

pan x 8 said...

Its so true about the leaders. I had Charlie take the days off to go on the camps with Drew last summer. I was wondering how you got some of those awesome shots!! hehehe..

Angelina said...

Wow, I can't believe he is 11. How time flies!!! I am glad he has good leaders.