Saturday, January 22, 2011

I have been blessed

Shane reminds me every day that my time with Porter at home during the day is short and I should enjoy every minute I can with him. I think I have appreciated this time more with Porter than I did with Bailey because with Bailey I had younger children that needed a lot of attention.

I remember when Bailey was 4, Dallin 2, and Wyatt an infant. My routine was very different. I was never dressed before noon. Showering had to occur during a babies nap. I took all 3 of them to the store which was a headache. Just getting to the store meant packing a diaper bag, getting them all in car seats, hoping the potty trained one didn't have an accident and putting their shoes back on once we got to the store. My day was planned around feedings and naps. That only left maybe an hour here or there. I could go a week without leaving my house. It wasn't worth it.

I am beginning a new phase of life. I have more time to do things. I rarely take kids to the grocery store with me. (Bailey can babysit) My kids can make their own lunch, dress themselves, shower alone, and pretty much entertain themselves.

Do I miss the years when they were tiny? No, but I enjoyed them as I am enjoying this new phase. I like the alone time that I can have with Porter, even if that means watching Sesame Street together. He starts Kindergarten next year. I am not looking forward to that, but am enjoying the moment now.

I have been so blessed to have this time with my boys. I wouldn't trade it for anything.


For those wondering about the project that I posted about. I have started it and have also finished another. I hope to post pictures soon.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

You are blessed! You're a good mom, Denette and I'm glad your enjoying this "season" of your life. You have a beautiful family and I love you all!

pan x 8 said...

I know the feeling Denette. especially with these home. Chachi doesn't start for another 2 years and Tia right after.

But I have to say the stay at home period with these 2 have been so much more fun because there are no other little ones following, you know what I mean??

The older ones get "J" when they hear all the fun things they get to do but.. they still get dragged around to all of the older one's activities too!

fair trade!

AND... It's the first 2 Mondays of the month that I'm booked at school! Sorry, we've missed this month already!

Machelle Kay said...

Just to think I was almost in the phase too!! I am slightly jealous of the freedom you have to do things for people. You have time to volunteer without finding a babysitter. You can do more intense projects. I am so excited for you.

Ginger said...

My baby goes to Kindergarten next year too. This morning we played the Wii together. Spending time with them alone is wonderful.