So off to another store I go to find more fabric. I hit JoAnn's and found 4 more fat quarters that went well with the existing squares. I pinned all the squares to the muslin, added a back and batting. I was ready to sew them all together. I attached my walking foot and off I went. Sewing it was definitely the easiest part. Next came the binding. I have ALWAYS been afraid of binding. I am not sure why. I have done everything to get around binding quilts. Hand them to my mother, put a ruffle on instead, or sew it like a pillowcase. So I started searching the internet. Oh what a good friend the internet is. I found an incredible tutorial with pictures at every step. So easy!! I bound it and was sooooo excited that it turned out cute. I had to run to a neighbor and show it off before I gave it away. I knew I had to give it away soon or I would change my mind and keep it (I don't need a baby blanket).
The fun thing about this quilt is that it is all done on the machine and it doesn't have to be perfect. The edges of the squares are meant to fray so there isn't any matching up seams. Very forgivable.
One down, 3 more to do. Because I went out and bought more material, I have enough to make another. Maybe I should make myself a lap quilt. This house can always use a little pink in it.
12 comments:
It looks great!! I love the colors. I am glad that you thought it was easy.
I am DYING at how cute that turned out! Sigh....maybe one of these days i'll try my hand at sewing again.
Thanks Denette! You are one talented girl!! It is SO cute & you couldn't have picked better colors. It will be perfect for her room!
I can't wait to get mine!!
Beautiful, Denette! Sally was thrilled. I've never done anything like that in my whole life, you're awesome!
I love it so much, I have been telling everyone I know about it. Tonight Amy and I took the girls we Visit Teach out for ice cream and I think I spent 15 min. talking about your quilt! Can't wait to start on mine!!
So cute cute cute!! I've been wanting to make quilts for my girls but don't own a sewing machine. My sister does though.. maybe you can help me get started!!! I see good Monday lunches, don't you???
Looks great. Good job! So cute.
Holy Smokes! That is so cute! Will you teach me?
What a fabulous quilt! It looks so pretty and it's different and fun! Oh the cleverness of you! I'm glad you have a machine that is nice to you!
That's the cutest quilt I've ever seen... and I've seen a lot of quilts.
It looks great! I'm glad you love your machine. Can't wait to see the next quilt.
Post a Comment