This was my first attempt at free motion quilting. I had practiced and practiced and then decided I needed to jump in and just do it. There is obviously a learning curve, but I don't think it was too bad for my first time. I tried to take a close up of one of the blocks. I'm not sure you can see the stitching (I have no photography skills).


I enjoyed the whole process of this quilt. I enjoyed picking out the fabric at the store, cutting out all the strips, and putting them into squares. It was on my floor for days. Some squares were sewn together and some were not in this picture. The face of the quilt changed daily as I moved pieces around. I played around with borders and binding options.
Once I got the top put together I slowed down a bit. I was afraid of quilting it. I knew what I wanted, but was afraid of ruining it. I had watched many tutorials on free motion and still wasn't sure I was ready to try it on a real quilt. One morning I woke up and said "this is the day". I was going to step into unknown territory and just do it. If it didn't work I could always unpick it. I am happy to report that I like how it turned out and will be trying it with more quilts.
The fabric is from the line of "Bliss" (except the white border and the back) I sure hope Machelle's little baby loves red because I do!!




I enjoyed the whole process of this quilt. I enjoyed picking out the fabric at the store, cutting out all the strips, and putting them into squares. It was on my floor for days. Some squares were sewn together and some were not in this picture. The face of the quilt changed daily as I moved pieces around. I played around with borders and binding options.
Once I got the top put together I slowed down a bit. I was afraid of quilting it. I knew what I wanted, but was afraid of ruining it. I had watched many tutorials on free motion and still wasn't sure I was ready to try it on a real quilt. One morning I woke up and said "this is the day". I was going to step into unknown territory and just do it. If it didn't work I could always unpick it. I am happy to report that I like how it turned out and will be trying it with more quilts.
The fabric is from the line of "Bliss" (except the white border and the back) I sure hope Machelle's little baby loves red because I do!!


9 comments:
Oh Denette I absolutely love it!!!! Thank you so much and you were right I do like the pattern.
Denette. . . it's beautiful! That's my motto, "Just Do It"! For some reason every time I say it. . . it works! See, it worked for you! You amaze me. I've never done anything like that in my life. . . tying is as far as I've ever gone and someone else put the quilt on the frame. Keep up the good work. . . you're a pro!
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I love the fabrics that you put together! Stinking cute!!! I haven't ever tried free motion quilting, but I've been dying to do it. I'm not brave either because I hate to unpick and nothing ever works the first time for me! I'm going to have to try it for sure! I love how it turned out!
It's beautiful! I just wish I had some of your sewing skills!!
How fun. You did a great job. That is great.
What an absolutely gorgeous quilt!!! You are amazing!!!
Can't wait to get mine!! It turned out so cute!
I love it love it love it! I am amazed by you mad skills. Can't wait to see what's next!
That is the coolest quilt I've ever seen!
Post a Comment