These are a few things that have been crowding my purse these past few months. Each item is very important. I have been caught without them and wished I had them.
I know, it's common to see a calculator and phone in a purse.....and yes the phone has a calculator, but the monster size one is easier to use.So a few months back I vented about my cook top breaking. I have not replaced it because it has two working burners. Go ahead, you can call us white trash, but I wasn't going to buy a new one. So about a month later a pipe behind our fridge had a nice leak. Yep, it ruined the carpet, baseboards and some sheet rock in our living room. I was ready to scream!! I didn't want new carpet. I have been saving for a kitchen addition and these two things were only setting me back.
So, back to the picture. We decided to see if we were anywhere close to ready for an addition. Good news, we are!!! We are only in the beginning stages and it may take a year to complete (I say that to myself so that when it takes 9 months I won't go crazy).
I have called friends/relatives and asked them to measure cabinets, islands, pantries and anything else you can imagine. I have toted that measuring tape to neighbors houses and measured their kitchens/great rooms. I have visited all the home improvement stores to help me with layouts. I have been in homes and not had my tape measure with me and wish I had. (Is that tacky or what?......"Um, excuse me, do you know how big this kitchen is? Do you mind if I just pull out my tape measure and measure it?" )
We are still drawing up plans. I want to make sure I think of everything. I have lived in many kitchens and love some things about each of them. So how do I combine all the things I love and stay on a budget? I'm sure one answer to that question is to do some of the work ourselves. It's going to be a fun summer I'm sure.
I am very excited to have a kitchen that I can walk around a table and not have to pull it away from the wall to eat. I am very excited to be able to have the dishwasher open and be able to stand at the sink at the same time. I am very excited to be able to unload the dishwasher and put the glasses in the cupboard, instead of putting them on the counter, shutting the dishwasher, then putting them up into the cupboard.......Do you think I am asking too much?
.......to be continued
3 comments:
putting cups straight in the cupboard instead of on the counter first? That sounds amazing! I'm excited to see the progress!
ps...I finished the quilt. One down one to go.
You are so lucky!! That is so great. We know two VERY good cabinet people and has a really good connection with LINEAR stars (under cabinet lights) and of course I know the best electrician around!
Good luck!!!
How fun!!! (well, not the breaking pipe, or stove - but look where it'll take you) Now I can't wait to see the end result!
Post a Comment