Lets start with the planned one. About 7 weeks ago my mom noticed a bump on Dallin's neck. We watched it for awhile and it didn't seem to go down. It didn't hurt, but we thought it should be checked. Our Pediatrician wasn't concerned about it and wanted us to watch it for another 3 weeks. He thought it was an inflamed lymph node and thought it might go down on its own.
Three weeks later we took him back and it had grown. The Pediatrician referred us to an ENT to have it checked out. We got into that doctor quickly due to a cancellation. He wasn't sure if it was a lymph node or a cyst, but thought it should be removed either way.
Here is Dallin on surgery day.
Saying goodbye to the lump.

Turns out it was "Nodular Faciitis". It was a lymph node that was inflamed. We still don't know what caused it, but it's gone.
Two days earlier Wyatt had a trampoline accident. As he was jumping, his mouth hit his knee and his teeth went into his lip in a few places. We took him to the Dentist to see if he did any damage to his teeth. He had one permanent tooth that was slightly loose, but he was just advised not to bite an apple or carrot with that tooth. (I don't think we will have to worry about that. He has an open bite, which means he has a good 1/2 inch gap from his bottom teeth to his upper teeth when biting down. I don't think he could bite an apple with his front teeth even if he wanted to.)
He ended up with 1 stitch on the outside of his lip and 3 on the inside. It didn't look too bad........
.......until he woke up the next morning. Look at that poor kid!! Watching him try to eat or drink was interesting.
The next week we were planning on hitting Lagoon. Hopefully it's a better week than this one.
4 comments:
I guess his lip is swollen! SHEESH!! Poor guy! I'm glad Dallin's bump turned out to not be anything serious! I hope things settle down for you guys! Did you have fun at Lagoon?
Your poor kids! Its hard not to laugh a little at Whyatt! Brock was bit by a bug once while camping and his ear was HUGE! I took so many pictures because it was so funny! I'll have to send it to ya and you can show Wyatt! My boys miss your boys! In fact we all miss your family!!
Boys will be boys.. whether it is inflamed lympnodes (sp?) or tramploline accidents... Great summer, right?
Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!
Post a Comment