Shane was taking the 12-13 yr old scouts to Maple Dell this past week so I decided to take off myself and meet up with some of my family up Huntington Canyon. I haven't tented it for a few years and remembered pretty quickly why we bought a trailer. The trailer stayed home because I am not brave enough to pull it and Shane had the truck.
Things I missed
1. A softer mattress
2. Trailers are nicer when it rains (good thing my parents had one. We were able to stay dry)
3. The organization that a trailer provides.
4. Bedding that doesn't have dirt/mud on it. I hate it when my kids walk on my bedding with their shoes on.
Yes it did rain on us, but it didn't ruin anything. It cooled it off a bit, but I didn't complain about that. Machelle and Jared's families joined us. It was fun to watch all the cousins interact. They were all pretty close in age.
The boys making a train with their camp chairs.

Wyatt making rockets and shooting them off.

This is how the kids fish. They throw out the line and then spent 10-15 minutes untangling it. Porter is here trying to get his hook out of the grass.


Porter thought he would get rich if he saved all the pop cans.

This game went on forever. Porter would throw a rock in the lake and Garrett would throw it back out. Porter would pick it back up and throw it in again.

This game went on forever. Porter would throw a rock in the lake and Garrett would throw it back out. Porter would pick it back up and throw it in again.

When we were in the car on our way home Dallin said this was the best camp trip ever. I asked why and he said that he got to go fishing with Grandpa by himself. Uncle Logan was with them, but what Dallin saw was that he was the only kid. (He even out fished Grandpa, but that's our little secret) He was the oldest kid there and loved every minute of it.



3 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun. We are like you and haven't made it camping yet this summer.
I have really missed you so I'm loving the trip you took and Shane wasn't even there! That's inspiring Denette 'cause I never go anywhere without Charlie. Guess I better grow up a bit.. lol
Looked like lots of fun! What great fisherman they all are(cute pictures). Dallin did tell me he caught 3 fish and his grandpa didn't catch any. I think he was pretty proud! I think Bailey learned a lot at his camp too. They are all growing up too fast. Summer is almost gone.
Post a Comment