Friday, May 18, 2012
Job change
Porter had his Kindergarten Program today. That means that my "baby" is going to 1st grade next year. (I have to be careful, he doesn't like to be called the "baby")
They were to dress up as what they wanted to be when they grew up. So now you know. Porter is going to be a black ninja when he grows up. My only fear with this choice of profession is that when he gets to be 6'7" like his dad, I'm pretty sure doing somersaults and flips in the air might be a little difficult.
It was fun to see what the other kids had chosen. There were teachers/BYU professors, doctors, police officers, fire fighters, bakers and 2 ninjas.....It just makes me laugh.
So now on to the title of this post. It is me that is having a job change. For the past 13 years I have watched sesame street, changed diapers, had play dates, taken kids to the park.....which is another post coming, played cars and trucks, getting kids down for naps, and so on. Next year this all changes for me and I am a little bit lost. It is 6 hours everyday that will be mine to use as I please. I will still have laundry, cleaning the house, planning meals, taking things to the kids that they forget, volunteering in the classroom and so on. Things that I can take on that I am excited about is visiting the Temple more often, doing Genealogy, working in the yard (It really needs it. The addition tore it apart.), going on field trips without getting a babysitter, and of course taking a nap myself.
It's a new chapter for me and I am a little scared. It is officially summer vacation so I am going to enjoy the fact that my boys are home with me for a few months and worry about Sept when it comes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment