Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Park


"I think I may need to quit my job and stay home with my kids just to protect them from their mother"  That may have not been the exact words, but close.  Yes most of the accidents happen on my clock and I usually really freak out when they do.  This one was different and I can't explain why.  I was pretty calm through it all.  Maybe I was trying to impress my neighbor who had also witnessed it.

It was a nice afternoon and Porter wanted to go to the Park with a few friends.  We had an hour or so to spare so I took him down.  A neighbor was there with her kids and they all played really well.  Porter is a monkey and was climbing on the outside of the equipment.  I saw it and thought to myself that that probably wasn't very safe, but didn't say anything about it.  Maybe a minute later I heard him cry and he was laying on the bark.  I ran over and found him holding his head.   Great!!!  I rip off his shirt to control the bleeding of a head wound.  This is usually the time that I start shaking and my mind can't function.  I call Shane and tell him we are on our way to insta-care and if he could meet us that would be great.  (I also don't do well with the stitching up and stuff.  I just can't watch it.  Shane on the other hand loves watching it.)

9 staples and one stitch later he is all put back together. The lady at the front desk said we were doing pretty well.  Porter's last visit to insta-care was a whole 3 yrs ago.  I didn't hear any sarcasm in her voice, but it didn't make me feel better about it.
 

A frosty always makes you feel better.

 

 So much for trying to be a good mom and taking your kid to the park.  I'm not too worried.  I don't think he hates me or the park.  Whew!!

(Let's note the outfit.  Because I had used his shirt as a towel, I put a different shirt on him to return from the Dr. office.  That too is my fault that he doesn't match.  This is the only day that I will take credit for him not matching.  It is usually 100% his doing.)



2 comments:

Machelle Kay said...

Do you not watch your kids or something? I am kidding. I am glad I haven't had that kind of run in. I can deal with Garrett's problems easier than blood.

Shauna said...

Oh my goodness. . . those staples look terrible. Poor little Porter. He is one brave kid!