Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July

We spent the 4th at Jared's this year.  With Jared's help we built some big bubble blowers.  I wasn't sure they would work, but they did and it entertained some of the kids for a long time.








  Dad also brought his rocket launcher.  They would pump it up and shoot 2 liter bottles full of water into the air.  We did lose a few bottles over the fence, but it was a success.  We may have to buy Dad a new pump so he can ride his bike.

Jared took us to his neighbors swing.  As far as I know no one threw up after that ride.

 Later we met up with some neighbors to watch Stadium of Fire fireworks out on a grassy hill.  The kids had a blast rolling down the hill.  The neighbor even got me to do it. She did it first and then I did.  I'm sure I screamed the whole way down. I was so dizzy when I stopped that I just laid there for awhile.  I'm sure the people watching us thought we were crazy.  I had my insurance card with me just in case this almost 40yr old needed to hit insta-care later that night.

No pictures of the food, but it was yummy.  With burgers, steaks, salads, fruit, desert and snow cones, no one left hungry.  Too bad Shane had to work the next day.  The rest of us could sleep in.  Wyatt got out of bed at noon.  You got to love Summer!!!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

What a fun Fourth! That swing looks awesome! Get your Dad to build you one. I'd even come swing!