Monday, August 13, 2012

Scout Camp


This year Shane and I decided to split our family in half for our family vacation.  He took the 2 older boys to scout camp while I played at home with the youngest 2.  When you are in YW or YM, vacation time is eaten up pretty fast.

The 12/13 yr old boys went to Camp Tomahawk in the Uintahs this year.  One of my favorite things is for Shane to come home and tell me "scout stories".  I'm pretty sure I don't hear all of them, but the ones I do get to hear are usually pretty good.

You can tell they are ready to come home.  Bailey hasn't even changed out of his P.J.'s   


A few boys did the Wilderness Survival merit badge.....good thing I am not a boy scout.  There isn't any part of that that looks fun.  Dallin of course loved it.
 A little fishing.
 Waiting for some grub.
 The happy scoutmaster.

 Nothing better than a little rain to add some excitement to camp. (I did some nasty laundry due to the rain)
Dallin was the youngest one there this year.  He just turned 11, but was able to go because Shane did.  He loved every minute of it.

We had a camp-out here at home too.  The boys didn't slept in the family room all week, staying up way past me.  We played with cousins, went swimming, ate out and enjoyed hanging out.

No comments: