Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Crappy Mom experience

So yesterday our family went to help clean the church. This comes around maybe every 3-6 months. The boys were pretty excited to go. They were talking about what job they would help with. (Windows, garbage, vacuum) We usually get there and there are so many families that we clean one window and leave, which means we are out of there in 10 minutes. This time was different. We got there and we were the only family there. We must have been early.
Anyway, I take the window cleaner and start the doors with Porter. My 2yr old is quite the window cleaner. Shane takes the other 3 and starts vacuuming. We are going along just fine. Another family joins us. That is good. We may not be here all night.
I am still cleaning windows and am just about finished when Wyatt walks up to me and says "I went to the boys bathroom, but I need help". I look over at him and then smell him. WOOOOW!! What happened? He has poop everywhere. Now you would expect this from a 2yr old, but no this is my 4 1/2yr old... OK lets clean you up. So off I go into the girls bathroom. He has it up his back, down his leg and on his shoe. You have got to be kidding me. I stand there for a minute to make a plan of attack. I can't put him in the sink. He would pull it off the wall. That would be a bigger mess. The paper towels are shredding as I wet them....I go back out to the glass doors and get one of their heavy duty towels. That will work. I use it as a wash cloth and lather the boy up with that great smelling church soap. I also wash his clothes. He did spare his shirt. Whew! One less thing to wash. So now that he is all clean, now what do I do with him? He can't run around the church without any bottoms on... Yes, I did. I put the wet ones back on. What other choice did I have? Ok. Child clean.
Now I have to find the bathroom he was in. This doesn't sound fun either. He shows me where he went. Yes it was the boys bathroom. So I go in. I haven't been in a boys bathroom often. There are things in there that aren't in a girls bathroom....Like a urinal.....So the smart kid used the urinal. He must have sat on it. Not sure how, but a nice surprise was there waiting for me. He had then went to find toilet paper in a stall. So I had traces there also. So I grab cleaning stuff and get to work. Well that darn urinal kept flushing on me. It freaked me out the first time. Of course it has a sensor and every time I moved an inch it would spray water at me.
For all of you that attend the same church as I do. You will be happy to know that I did clean that boys bathroom. It was mopped also.
We spent another 5 minutes locating Porter who was with me when Wyatt first approached me. I must have forgotten I was in charge of him. He was in the YW room, but couldn't get out. I am not sure I am fit for this stuff.
So after a little over an hour we are done. They may never ask us to help again. We make messes instead of cleaning. Some may say all in a days work for a mom. YUCK!!!

10 comments:

Tara said...

Bodily functions are the worst! We were on our way to Steph & J.J.'s for 24th BBQ and Matty threw up all over Max and Brian and the car. We dropped Zack off at Steph's and came back home and spent the evening cleaning vomit off of kids, car seats, the van, the van rugs, the van seats, everything that happened to be in the van at the time. It was awful! I'm sorry to hear I'm not alone in this yucky part of motherhood.

Denette said...

Tara,
It seems funnier when it happens to other people. I didn't laugh at my own story, but I did at yours.

Shelly said...

Tell the bishop you can't do that "CRAPPY" job anymore!!!!ha ha

The Peterson 5 said...

Wow! Denette you deserve some extra blessings for that service!! Kids always find a way to make their parents work just a little extra!!

Tara said...

I'm glad to hear this kind of crap happens to us all! I laughed the whole time I read your story - being grateful it wasn't me....this time! At least you were there to clean and not going to church services.
Tara

Tara said...

Hi Denette! Hey, I decided to try the slide show site that you used because photobucket drives me crazy but now there is a wierd thing that comes down on the slide show on my blog that says to subscribe and you can be notified if i post a new slide show. did it do that when you put yours up. if so how did you get it off? Please let me know if you know what to do.thanks! Tara

Roanna said...

You and Aunt Linda must have the same blood. Both of you have some amazing experiences. I laughed all the way through. All moms can relate to this.

Denette said...

WOW!! I didn't expect a comment from you mom.

Angelina said...

I love these kind of stories, because then you know we are all human and despite our best efforts, our kids get the best of us sometimes.

Grow Family said...

Denette! It seems like ages since I saw you last in SLC. I think you were engaged the last time we met up. I enjoyed reading your blog and the adventures of being a mom of 4 boys. That's crazy! Time really has flown by since our missions.

Where are you living at? We are in Kaysville. I see Shanna sometimes and we email. I'd love to get together with you sometime. We should have a mini reunion. Glad to see you are happy and well.

You can check us out at
http://kaysvillegrows.blogspot.com

Hope to hear from you soon.
love,
Becky (Rebekah)