
Yes, our summer is over. I will now have a cleaner house, less fighting, more homework, soccer, basketball, piano lessons, scouts, etc. I look forward to the structure in many ways, but school is hard for me too. I don't look forward to the book reports that I have to help with, the homework assignments that make absolutely no sense, and the cost of school lunch.
Bailey is in 4th this year and Dallin in 2nd. That leaves me home with Wyatt and Porter. No kindergartner to tie me down.
So I have to share my morning with you. Last May I posted about the morning of our last day of school. Bailey got up at a ridiculous hour to get ready to go to the last day of school. This morning was a bit better, but still early. At 7:00 I was still in bed. I heard both he and Dallin getting their own breakfast. (Aren't I such a great mom, teaching them really young how to do things on their own?) I heard some piano practicing. (Again, who needs a mom? They can do it all on their own.) Then Bailey comes in my room. "Mom I am almost ready. I need to comb my hair and then I am done." I reply "I am impressed! You are dressed and everything." Bailey smiled and said "I got dressed last night. At about 1:30am I had to take my shoes off. It was hard to sleep with them on" "Are you kidding? You really slept in your clothes and your shoes?" That's nice!!! Later I found out that Dallin had done the same thing. Well, at least they are dressed. Yes they still have an hour and a half before the bus comes, but they are dressed. HMMMMM what can we do now? We play the piano some more, read a couple books. Now it is 7:45. They head out to the bus. It gets here about 8:30. They just make me laugh. I know this won't last. I will be dragging them out of bed soon.
Wyatt and Porter had to be in the picture too.

4 comments:
What a cute story!
What is your secret? Tyler won't get dressed for the life of him. I hope by the time he gets married I can get him to accomplish that or his wife is in trouble.
That's the best story ever! And from boys - wow! We can't wait for them to grow up, and then it kills us when they do! I'd kill for that extra morning time, we have to catch the bus by 7:25!
Tara
What funny boys!! I love the part where he finally took off his shoes. I hope they had a great day!!
Post a Comment