Sunday, September 7, 2008

One last camping trip


It is almost getting too cold for camping. But the Steens (the REAL CAMPERS) won't let cold get in the way. We spent the weekend down in Manti with Shane's family. The days were great and the nights truthfully could have been a bit warmer. I know I am becoming a wimp. Maybe I have always been a wimp, who knows. I am getting too old for this tent stuff. You wake up with every bone aching. The kids don't seem to mind, but of course they are the ones that end up on the mattress that doesn't deflate in the middle of the night. They have also managed to steal your pillow and most of your covers. The snoring doesn't bother them because they are the ones doing it.

The kids enjoyed all sorts of great activities. Catching grasshoppers, playing badminton, riding 4-wheelers, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows, eating good food, music around the campfire, bike riding, playing on the playground, climbing trees, telling stories, and laughing at each other were a few.

Shane taking a few of his boys on a ride.


John, Adam, Josh, & Bailey catching red winged grasshoppers.Sam being a good dad and putting up badminton for the kids.
The view from our campground at night. Pretty amazing!

This was a first for the Steens. We haven't camped all together ever. We will have to do it again. I have a lot to learn from those "Real Campers".


I was previewing the post and Wyatt informed me that there wasn't a picture of him on it. Woops. He helped me go through the pictures and was dissappointed that I didn't have a picture of him catching grasshoppers. I guess this one will do. This is Shane, Wyatt and Porter climbing the tree.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Denette you Rock!!! for many reasons most of which I can't mention!!!! Thanks for the bonding I love you the most!!!!p.s. I'm impressed that you beat Sally at posting our GREAT times!!! Thanks for leaving out the FARTS!!! love you guys and gal!!!! Tell Wyatt he's not in any of the pics because he is like the wind and we can't catch that on film!

The Peterson 5 said...

It was a lot of fun!! I also enjoyed bonding during our "spa" time in the mornings too!! I think we are definitely "real" campers now...tents, camp fires, roasting our own food it doesn't get anymore "real" than that!!

Zack Attack said...

It looks like you guys had fun! That is an amazing view of the temple! You are such a great mom to do that stuff with your boys! I need to be better about indulging their need for stuff like that!

Zack Attack said...

It's Tara Freeman. I'm not sure why it posted this from my sons blog Zack Attack but I just thought I'd let you know it was really me. :)

Tara said...

Looks like tons of fun! Love the Temple shot, that would be a cool thing to see while around the campfire!
Tara

One Sassy Princess said...

Thanks for all the info! I checked out Sally's first and was a bit bummed that there weren't any details. But you seemed to answer all of my questions! Keep it coming--I feel a bit closer reading the blogs!