There are many things we do in life that you don't get thanked for. Sometimes you don't know what impact you had, or if you were even doing the right thing. Every once in a while you get little sweet moments and cherish them........Like when your child offers to play "I am a Child of God" on the piano for Family Home Evening. You feel good and know that all the practicing and encouragement has paid off........Or when you watch one of your older children read a book to a younger sibling. You smile and know that spending time with the older child has also paid off.
I had one of those days today. The Young Women Presidency was released today. So during the 3rd hour the new Presidency bore their testimonies. They then let us share ours. We had time left over so the new President opened it up to the girls. This is when I was rewarded. My cute beehives, with tears in their eyes, had many great things to say about me. I sat back and thought about how all the stress that came with that calling was well worth it. I could see they truly cared about me, and I had had a positive influence on them. I will cherish that. Thanks girls, for the gift!!!
5 comments:
That is soooo great that you were able to be a part of their lives during this time! I still remember the example my Beehive leaders and other leaders were to me. Something my Beehive leader told me back then helped me to have the strength to end a relationship with a boy I was dating because I knew he would never take me to the temple. You will never truly know the depths of your influence in their lives and they are truly blessed to have had you in their lives! You're awesome!
That's soooo cool! Way to go! Moments like that remind you why you try so hard in the first place!
Tara
That is cool. You truly did impact their lives. I still remember my beehive leader. She is who instilled in me the desire to be married in the temple.
Moment like these keep us going. Knowing we make some kind of difference not just the wiping up burgers one to keep kids face's clean. I would love to have you as a leader. I bet your full of great fun!!!! Karen
Denette - of course those you would have an influence on those girls and they would be sad to see you released. You are an amazing person. (I found your blog throught Judy, I hope you don't mind me reading it). I am glad you are teaching piano, you have a special talent for it. I was sad when you moved and couldn't teach Callie anymore. Do you still live in Riverton? Looks like things are good. Callie got married in June. Hope you have a good Holiday Season.
Post a Comment