I love, love, love General Conference. A time for spiritual renewal, recommiting myself to things I know I should be better at, and yes a weekend without worrying about being prepared for my callings.Bailey and Dallin were invited to attend the Sat. morning session with Grandma and Grandpa Davis. This will be Bailey's second time attending, but it is Dallin's first. As Dallin was getting ready to leave I told him to wave to Pres. Monson for me. Trying to emphasize that he would be in the same room as the Prophet. (Really how cool is that?) He told me he wished Pres. Hinkley could be there. That made me smile. What an impact Pres. Hinkley had.
I remember singing with the Mormon Youth at a few Satuday Morning Sessions. At the end of the session we would all stand while Pres. Hinkley left the Tabernacle. He always turned around and faced the choir and waved at us before he left. What an experience that was for me as a young adult. The Prophet was in the same building as I was. I certainly hope my boys remember today and have other opportunities to attend again.
Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the time to take them.
5 comments:
I too love conference. Same reasons. I am impressed your boys would want to go to conference.
What a great post! Made me teary thinking about President Hinckley! What sweet boys you have! Glad you shared!
I always look forward to conference too! Blake's mom usually requests that we have a big weekend with all of the family at her house...it turns into such chaos that we never hear one single talk. She has good intentions, but I was missing the whole spirit of the day. This year we decided to stay home on our own and it was a better experience for our kids! And we all had to agree "what happens in Sevier County you can tell your friends..." Made my kids proud to be living the good life in the best place around!
Tara
I love conference too! I love the story about you and the prophet. I still hold onto my story "I shook hands with a man (Elder L. Tom Perry) that shook hands with the prophet!"
I love conference too. It was such a great weekend. My kids played quietly in their bedrooms (which NEVER happens - the quiet part I mean) and I got to enjoy the talks and feel the spirit. I have a list of things I need to work on!
Post a Comment