Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I do it myself!!

How long should it take a 3yr old to put a shirt on? A few minutes max, right? Not when you are in a bad mood. It could take a lot longer. So far it has been an hour and the shirt is still not on. Really, I don't even care if the shirt gets on. I have nowhere to go. I am just tired of the crying when he ends up with it on backwards, upside down, one arm through the neck, or wrong side out.

I have offered to help at least 5 times. But no, he runs off screaming "I do it myself!" So there you have it. He does have a characteristic of mine. He is stubborn!
It wouldn't surprise me if he fell asleep on the floor with his shirt on his head like this. He is due for a nap and it isn't even 11:00.

8 comments:

Machelle Kay said...

Oh how fun!! Porter is like a little Shane with a Denette personality right?? Where did the Davis' get that stubborn trait from??

Sarah D said...

That is too funny! Reagan gives up all too easily. I am always begging her to keep trying. Aren't they so funny?

Tara said...

I love the pictures! The independent 3 year old stage kills me! Like you said, it's fine if you don't have anywhere you need to be, but on the days you have to be somewhere at a specific time it's awful! I'm afraid we're headed in that direction - hopefully we are over the terrible two's when it hits!
Tara

Shauna said...

What a kid! They have bad days too. You gotta love em!!!

Ginger said...

My three year old likes to do things "all by herself" too! It's the age! Sometimes it takes SO long, but they need their independence. Your pictures were too funny.

Tara said...

Too cute! In our family the stubbornness gets worse with each generation!!!

Florrie said...

I love seeing this side of Porter....mostly because it makes me feel better about the antics my kids pull. And all this time I thought Porter was immune to it. Ha!

griffin gossip said...

That is so funny. Thank for the fun laugh! Karen