We take off Thursday evening and stop at our favorite Bed and Breakfast. It's called Clyde and Ro's. The door is always open (not literally). No one is turned away, the kids easily entertained and no one goes hungry at this Bed and Breakfast. One of the favorite meals was the french toast, bacon, strawberries, whipping cream and juice. After a good breakfast we hit the road. We got to Rosalyn's about 4:00 Friday afternoon.
Saturday morning the Easter Bunny came and we had an egg hunt. Bring on the candy!!!
Later we hit a climbing wall. All the boys enjoyed that. This is Porter who isn't old enough to know that you could fall. He put on the harness and away he went. He would let go and just swing. Crazy kid. Note: Rock climbing isn't very easy in cowboy boots.
Dallin went up and realized it was scarier than he thought. It took some convincing and bribery to get him to try it again. He will do just about anything for money.
Anyone who knows Wyatt well knows he has absolutely no fear. He is going to try anything. He put on his harness and away he went. He scaled it so fast, touched the top and came down wanting to go right back up again.
Bailey was in heaven. He tried to do a few of the color coded routes. If they would have let him he would have tried his hand at belaying.
We were sending the men off to the Priesthood session of conference so we ordered some pizza. The picture didn't show the conversation that the kids were having. It was pretty funny. They were telling jokes that made no sense to us, but they laughed hard at.
In between sessions on Sunday we took a small drive to the Denver Temple. It was a beautiful day, unlike the day before when we tried to fly kites. It is not wise to fly kites during a tornado. OK so it wasn't that windy, but way too windy for a kite.

We tried to take Hannah home with us, but her sisters and brother said they would miss her. We will just have to wait for her to come to Utah to see us I guess.
Monday morning we headed out, back to our Bed and Breakfast again. Porter demanded that we stay the night. Yeah, sometimes the 3 yr old calls the shots. Had dinner and a fun FHE with Grandma and Grandpa.
Bailey was in heaven. He tried to do a few of the color coded routes. If they would have let him he would have tried his hand at belaying.
We were sending the men off to the Priesthood session of conference so we ordered some pizza. The picture didn't show the conversation that the kids were having. It was pretty funny. They were telling jokes that made no sense to us, but they laughed hard at.
In between sessions on Sunday we took a small drive to the Denver Temple. It was a beautiful day, unlike the day before when we tried to fly kites. It is not wise to fly kites during a tornado. OK so it wasn't that windy, but way too windy for a kite.

We tried to take Hannah home with us, but her sisters and brother said they would miss her. We will just have to wait for her to come to Utah to see us I guess.
Monday morning we headed out, back to our Bed and Breakfast again. Porter demanded that we stay the night. Yeah, sometimes the 3 yr old calls the shots. Had dinner and a fun FHE with Grandma and Grandpa.Memories:
-The first night all the boys in the same room trying to sleep. I don't think they would have ever gone to sleep. The 2 and 3 yr old starting the pillow fights.
- Sammy burping while she was trying to tell a joke.
- Shane trying to kick a soccer ball, missing the ball and landing on his rear end. Both Rosalyn and I thought we were going to be visiting the ER
-Rosalyn and I hitting Target and Walmart for Easter candy only to find both stores out of candy. Yep, shelves were pretty much empty.
-I finally learned how to solve a Rubik's Cube. I can only do it with the instructions in hand, but that was a first for me.
6 comments:
Sounds like a great time!! Isn't it so fun to get away and play! Your bed and breakfast sounds wonderful - I'm all about a yummy breakfast!
I don't think I've ever solved a rubiks cube - unless I cheated and pulled off all of the stickers and moved them where they needed to go. I guess now I need directions.
You have such a great way with describing things. Glad you had fun.
Sounds like you had a great vacation. Good for you!
Sounds like a great time. I can't even solve a rubix cube with the directions. Good job.
Glad you had a good time. That climbing wall looks scary (I hate "heights")! What brave children you have!
I can't stop laughing over the look on Shane's face watching the train! haha I guess dad's feel pecked to death by chicken's too sometimes. :) That sounds like a super fun trip to Colorado! Love the rock climbing with cowboy boots! Too cute!! I've never been able to solve the Rubik's cube before!! That's awesome!!! I remember trying for HOURS!!! I can't believe I never thought to read the instructions. Now I want to buy one and try it!! I love reading your blog! It's so fun!
Post a Comment