Thursday, April 29, 2010

Child Abuse??????

Have you ever forced your kids eat something? I can count on one hand how many times I have done that. I am not a fan of it because there are many foods that I don't like, so I understand that they may have foods that they don't like too. I also had it backfire once. I made Dallin eat green beans when he was about 3 and he threw up everything after gagging on them. That pretty much ruined everybodys dinner.

The kids are much older and there are things they won't eat. My only issue with it is that they haven't tried them yet. They just assume they don't like it.

So last night for dinner I made homemade Chili and Corn Bread (yes it is cold outside). Bailey and Dallin were bummed that we were going to make them eat the chili. They love the corn bread smothered in butter and honey, but yuck there are beans in the chili. Yes, but there is also bacon, sausage, and hamburger which they love (meat lovers version).

I bet the boys a dollar they wouldn't eat it. Really can you taste the beans? Bailey was on board, but Dallin wasn't. Bailey cracked me up. He had his hand over his eyes taking a bite. I guess it tastes better if you don't look at it. Good thing my camera was handy. Now that the camera was in hand he was going for it. He grabbed a bandanna and ate the whole thing.
Porter wanted to get in on the action too.
I learned today that if I am serving a meal my kids may not love, I should have bandannas handy.......oh yeah and money.



6 comments:

pan x 8 said...

That is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!! I'm thinking I should just have bandanas on hand for veggies...

And our rule is.. you have to try it before you can say you don't like it... and try is 5 good bites! LOL umm.. you may have to send me your chili recipe because it sounds so yummy!!

Machelle Kay said...

I love the idea!! We drench our brocoli in ranch and then my boys will eat it. Don't really know if ranch conteracts the health of the brocoli.

Ginger said...

Too funny! I should try that one. But I need to blindfold my son before he sees what's in it.

Angelina said...

I think I should try that. Too funny.

Heidi Keller said...

It reminds me of plugging my nose when I was eating something I didn't like. It helped with the taste right?

Unknown said...

All I can say is Carrots, and I am so, so very sorry for that one. I to would like the recipe, we love Chili, especially Meaty chili.