Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Do you have it all put together?

Seriously do you have it all put together? Are you one of those that has a clean house, your hair is done, dinner is in the oven, homework is done, the kids all matched when they left for school, their hair was combed and you are in a good mood?????

Not me. You see I have lost a part of my mind. It's an important part. It's the part that keeps me organized. I have noticed it more recently and it is going to drive me insane.

You see I sometimes find myself at the grocery store 3 times in one day just to get the stuff for dinner. Nope, not for something tomorrow or the next day. I can't think that far ahead.

I can spend hours looking for something in a closet that I know I just saw. Then I remember I went through that closet last week and moved the item somewhere else. Hmmmm where would that somewhere else be?

Just last week I thought I would make something for a neighbor who just had a baby. It would take 10 minutes at most. I get home from the store only to find I don't have brown thread. I have every other color in the world, but not brown. So the project has been on hold until I get brown thread, which for me could be 2-3 months. I can even put it on my "list" and still walk out of the store without it. I know it makes no sense.

It's a good thing I have weeks to prepare for Christmas. Maybe I will have it all put together by then.

9 comments:

Machelle Kay said...

Oh Denette, I feel your pain. Especially the diner part. But I do send Tyler to school with uncombed hair sometimes. I have until noon to comb it and don't. Opps!! What are you making??

Shani said...

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem....I'm just glad that I can blame it on the ADD!!!

Tara said...

I can't remember the last time that I actually matched, and had my hair combed just right - let alone having my kids match with their hair done. I noticed the overwhelming lack of brain power became increasingly worse with each new baby....I think we are so preoccupied with too many things - the rest just gets lost.

Unknown said...

I can remember when I had just had my 3rd and our stake president's wife gave a talk about being a good homemaker. She said that meant getting up early and picking up your house and getting your hair done and make up on and dressed before you leave the house. And to plan ahead and always have dinner done and the laundry done. I wanted to slap her. Who seriously has kids and does that? Maybe later in life that can all come but for now, I get out of bed and take it one day at a time!

Ginger said...

I think we're all in the same boat! None of us are perfect. I don't care if my kids don't match. They dress themselves so I can blame it on them. Nobody ever comes to my house so I don't do my hair all pretty if I'm not going anywhere!

pan x 8 said...

No. No. and No.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

I think it starts when we have our first baby and then every one after it just takes a toll on our minds tha use to be somewhat put together.. right? I'm just glad to hear I'm not the only Mom running to the store more than twice a day for dinner ingredients. For that same day! =)
But the kids are great and they never suspect a thing, right?

So.. you are doing awesome!

Rosalyn said...

If I forget the ingredients at the store, I just don't cook dinner. That is easy enough. My kids match to go to school and have their hair done, but that is because I am yelling at them the minute they get up until we leave the house. I don't think anyone has the whole process down.

The Kolste Family said...

Thank you for the gift! It is a good thing you got the brown thread, any other color would have been completely unacceptable :)
You sure are a great neighbor to have! And it totally looks like you have it all together, so it's nice to hear that every now and then you lose your mind too. It makes me feel better!

One Sassy Princess said...

Love the family photos!!!