Thursday, April 14, 2011

What are the Steens up to???

WAITING......and waiting....and waiting. Or at least that is what it feels like. More on this later. (I hope)

While I wait..... my brother is in the process of adopting a toddler that he has been fostering for almost a year. This same brother was able to adopt a new baby just this last week. It has been a few weeks full of emotion. These 2 little boys definitely are blessings in our lives.

While I wait....... we have been on Spring Break this week. We haven't left the house, but had fun. Do you have to actually leave town for Spring Break? Is that a rule? My kids haven't once said they were bored. They have played with neighbors, had friends over, and played with each other so far. I say why entertain them when they can entertain themselves.

While I wait.....we have hung out at the Dentist office. Good thing I like our dentist. My little Wyatt was born with some bad teeth. Let me try that again, because he wasn't born with teeth. His 6 yr molars, which are permanent teeth came in without enamel on them. We were told that around the time of birth is when they are developed. The doctor asked if he had a traumatic birth. The answer was no. All was normal. Anyway, for whatever reason he has these 4 teeth that are soft. 2 of them had to be capped this last week. They were starting to crumble. He often complained of those back teeth being sharp. I won't ever judge others that have bad teeth again. I always thought it was lack of brushing and care, but I now know some cases are just what you were born with.

While I wait....I know others waiting for other reasons. My sister is due in a week having her first girl, and my Sister-in-law is due the first part of May with another little girl. Their waiting is probably worse than my waiting......I know it is. Time slows down when you are pregnant. A day seems like a month when you're waiting........I don't think I have it so bad with my waiting.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Ok, now I'm incredibly curious about what you are waiting for!!! Can't wait to find out what it is!!! :) I love your idea of Spring Break! I might just have to copy that for ours next weekend!

Tara said...

you're killing me here too! Now I can't wait to see what you are waiting for....

Machelle Kay said...

Oh I don't know at least I have a date to look forward too, do you?? Thanks for listening to my little rants.

Angelina said...

Yes, yes, do tell. you have made me very curious. Whatever are you waithing for.

Holly said...

I didn't realize we were both in agony over waiting. We might need a porch visit just on our frustration over this one topic! And by the way, I am so glad you guys didn't leave for Spring Break. There would have been no one left in the neighborhood!

pan x 8 said...

I totally agree! We were suppose to be in St. George but ended up staying home and they have loved it! They just got back home from a 2 night sleepover at Grandma's! And are already planning a sleepover with the cousins tonight!

Fun is fun no matter where they are.