Thursday, May 29, 2008

School is Out




Last day at the bus stop. Playing football at the neighbors.

I am excited that school is out, but apparently Bailey is more excited. This is how our morning went.

5:45 - Am I dreaming? I think I hear the piano. No I am not dreaming. Someone is playing scales. It has to be Bailey. What time is it really? Has Shane already left? Did I sleep in?
He sure is up early. I am definitely not getting up yet.

6:30 - Now I can hear him in the fridge. He is getting breakfast. It is still too early to get up. The bus doesn't come until 8:20.

6:50 - The front door opens. He is getting his backpack in line. I am sure he is first in line. Who else would be up yet?

7:00 - OK I am getting up. Bailey is totally ready for the day. Yes he still has an hour to kill before the bus.

7:30 - Bailey is now outside playing basketball. It will be about 30 min. before any other children join in his fun.

After this morning I was thinking that Bailey doesn't really need me. He can get himself out the door. Wait a minute. Now I remember the other 100 days of school that I am dragging him out of bed and reminding him to grab his homework. WHEW!! I still have job security.



What do you think Florrie? Does Porter have potential? This is Braden (our neighbor) at the bus stop. Porter took my camera and managed to get a pretty decent picture of his friend. Florrie and I were just chatting when we saw Braden take a few steps back and smile, posing for Porter.

2 comments:

Florrie said...

I think he's got a career in photography. Maybe you should give him your old camera and get a new one....hmmmm...now that's a good thought!

Shani said...

Denette,
That is so funny about Bailey, because my kids did the same thing. Matt & I got up to go walking a little before 5:00 and when we got back home at 5:30 all four of my kids were up; watching a movie. After Matt went to work I layed back down and tried to get the kids to do the same, but with no luck. I was wakened by a phone call at 7:45 by my neighbor informing me that my kids had been in her yard picking all of her flowers. I was looking forward to school being out, but now I think it would just be better if my kids stayed in school!