I think Grandma and Grandpa enjoy these cute little visitors. Grandma had already baked sugar cookies for them to decorate and Grandpa was ready to take them to the church to play some basketball.
Wyatt taking a big bite.
Dallin doing a taste test.
Grandma helping Wyatt and Porter.
Bailey's creation
Porter thinks this is good stuff.
While we were there, Grandma pulls out the old picture books of when we were kids. She was trying to find out if my little brother Weston looks like his new son Cole (Cole was born Wednesday. It is Weston's first) So Porter is looking at all the pictures with Grandma. Grandma would point to a picture of me when I was about 9 or so and say "That is your mom". Porter would reply back "No, mom" and then point to me. He didn't think any of those pictures were of his mother. Looking back at pictures can be fun. A lot of laughs. First of all, if any of you knew me as a child I was a bit funny looking. I was the one with the toothpick legs and tall. I really mean toothpicks. I didn't really ever gain any weight until I got married. Now I wish I could look like I did before having kids, but who doesn't. I have just learned to position a child in front of me before taking a picture. It is very decieving.
I saw pictures of a very young Grandma Butler. Also, De and Robyn when they were my age. I didn't ever remember them so young. Sorry ladies. As a kid you think everyone is old until you reach their age.
I asked my mom how old Grandma Butler was when she became a grandma. She was about 38. Are you kidding me? That is only 2 yrs out. (ok so I was about 10 years older when I got married)
When I print this blog I may look back and laugh too. My kids may ask why I let them out of the house looking like they did. My reply will be "I had no control." We will laugh at the styles back then and the funny things they did as kids.
It was a quick trip, but fun.
4 comments:
That sure sounds like fun, our trip to Wellington got cancelled at the last minute for various reasons. It makes me a little bit jealous to look at your pictures and read about the fun time shared with Grandma and Grandpa.
BTW, you may have had toothpick legs as a kid, but I would've traded you anyday!
Ok! Your legs weren't tooth picks, maybe taller!! And how did your family get such the tall slender legs anyway? HA! How fun to go back home to look at memories!!! karen
Denette you still have toothpick legs. I am so excited to see everyone at Thanksgiving. Maybe a new fam picture is in order.
I second the motion - You still have toothpick legs! I'm jealous! Sounds like a fun/quick trip. Those are the best! Glad you tried the apples - I love them! Mine aren't pretty either, but getting better with practice!
Tara
Post a Comment