Thursday, December 18, 2008

I miss my Cordless

I know this sounds really silly. I have only gone without it for one day, but I MISS MY CORDLESS PHONE!!!!!

I didn't grow up with a cordless phone, caller ID, call waiting, or message machines. You would think I could live without them. NOT!

I remember buying my first cordless in college. I thought that was pretty cool. You could actually wander around the house and talk on the phone. No more really long chords to trip over. Think of the things you could do while on the phone.

As years went on I added to the phone, Caller ID, Call Waiting, and Voice Messaging. Those things were nice also. I can ignore the phone when I want to, get messages when I am out, or end a conversation when my mom is on the other line.

So about 6 months ago one of our 2 handset phones died. It wouldn't connect to the charger anymore. That was a sacrifice, but we still had another handset. You could answer a corded phone and if the conversation was going to be more than a minute you could run downstairs to the cordless. Well the day came. The 2nd handset died.

So, today the phone rings. (We have 2 corded phones) I go to answer and realize this particular phone doesn't have ID. Who could it be? Does it matter? Just answer the phone. What if I don't recognize their voice and they don't say who they are? OK that is crazy! Just answer the phone. (That wasn't you Shauna.)

I also need to make a few calls. How long will these calls last. I have dishes to do, toys to pick up, kids to get dressed. All of which I cannot do while stuck to a wall. I even burnt my Rice Crispy Squares because I had to go to the other room to answer the phone and it lasted longer than planned. UGH.

So I have resorted to using my cell. That is portable.

I know this is a crazy post, but seriously how did we ever talk on the phone when we were stuck to a phone jack?

I MISS MY CORDLESS!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

What a great suggestion to wrap a picture of the present! I'm definitely going to try that one!

Tara said...

We never know how much we use something until we can't use it! Aren't we the luckiest people ever! We have so many conveniences and I love them all and feel totally lost if I don't have them. We were trying to cut down on some of our bills recently and I could live without a lot of things in my life but not caller i.d. and voice messaging and certainly not DVR. Now that I have experienced these things I never want to go back! I just had to search and search to find the best deals on them so I can have them but not pay so much for them. I still have all of them but I still saved $50.00 a month by switching companies.

griffin gossip said...

No Cordless, what a long day. I seriously can't even find my phone most of the time. I mean all of them. The cell, cordless, cord ones. I don't even think I have one of those. Where ever they are I know my brain is there too. Karen