I know people that leave their tree up for weeks after Christmas. I CAN'T!! No, I didn't cry while taking the tree down. I am so ready to have my family room clean again. I am only half done. One tree is down and the other is ready to go in the box, but I need Shane's help with that one.
While taking off the ornaments I remembered walking into a friends house last year mid Jan. and found their tree in the corner with plastic wrap around it. Yes ornaments and all. This was a large tree. She said her husband decided to put it in a storage shed that way. It would make it easier to put up next year. My first thought was how were they going to get it out the door. My second thought was that would take the fun out of decorating the tree the next year. But now, as I am putting everything away and not enjoying myself I thought they had a good idea. It isn't about putting up the tree that is hard. It is putting it away. YUCK! I will have to see if they do that again this year.
Christmas was nice as always. The weather held out long enough for us to get up to SLC both for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Shane's family. A portion of my family met together downtown SLC to see the Joseph Smith movie and get a bite to eat on Friday. (we missed those that couldn't get there because of weather and our out of staters)
I would post pictures of Christmas morning, but my boys don't wear PJ's to bed so you would get some good pictures of them all in their underwear. I will just save those pictures for our own enjoyment.
7 comments:
I am like you. I can't wait to get the tree down and out of my hair. With all the new Christmas stuff it is too much for one room. Sounds like you had a good Christmas.
I can't imagine leaving the tree up until mid Jan. My sister Katie had her tree up like the first of November or something. I can't stand it that long! I'm glad you had a nice Christmas! Happy New Year!!!
Okay and I thought I was the grouch of Christmas. I took the tree down only four days after Christmas. But glad to hear I am not the only one that is ready to get it out of my living room for more room.
I'm with ya!!! Sounds like a fun Chirstmas. I want to see that Joseph Smith movie.
You know, we could have extended our stay over Thanksgiving and made it to the Christmas party. By then, you really would have been sick of us. I think I am sick of being an out of stater!!!
I agree! It is so much funner to put the tree up! I loath taking the tree down. It's amazing that when your kids get bigger, they seem to more help. So this years clean up was not half bad!!! Your Christmas sounded great!!! Karen
Hi! We have 4 wards in our building. We have to have this schedule all year. Another bad part is that we used to go to my mom's for Sunday dinner but getting out of church at 5:30, waiting for all the parents to pick their nursery kids until 5:45, then driving all the way to Spanish Fork, we would have time to eat and drive back home so we could start bedtime routine and stuff. So that's out! That is a lot of times my only real one on one interaction with adults all week so I really hate that part!
Post a Comment