Friday, December 19, 2008

Piano Recital

This was Bailey and Dallin's first piano recital. They are nothing like me. They didn't get nervous. They were so excited. I hope they stay that way. Our nerves get in our way sometimes.

We got there a little early and the boys asked if they could practice their songs. Great idea. Every piano feels different. Then I notice they aren't even playing their recital songs. People are now showing up, but that doesn't scare them. We had to pull them off of the piano to start the recital. Again, nothing like me. I only remember 2 or 3 recitals growing up and I hated them. I was afraid of messing up or someone my age being really good and making me look bad.

This recital was a group teacher effort. 3 Teachers and 13 students. I was missing the majority of my students. Christmas is a hard time to get them all together. It turned out great. I love watching the beginners. They are so cute.






These are pictures taken after the recital. The kids loved playing the "Big Piano". A few of them lined up to play again. It was cute. Delora and I tried to talk our husbands into getting us a piano like this. They told us we could come here anytime and play for free.

3 comments:

Tara said...

That is soooo cool! I love the video! Wish I lived by you, my kids could use some lessons (and so could I)...
Tara

Delora said...

My kids also enjoyed the piano recital. Thanks for putting the plug in for our husbands to get us a nice black piano. Someday our piano will come.

Machelle Kay said...

Oh I didn't know Dallin started to play also. I hope my boys want to play too. That is awesome.