Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

I am not one that enjoys drawing attention to myself. I rarely tell anyone when my birthday is. The fact that I am even posting on my birthday is stepping outside of my box.

I just had to say thanks to a few people. I know a couple of them will read this.

I started my day at a Primary Activity where I received this from Amelia, one of my Primary girls. The plate had brownies on it until my family saw them. Devoured!! Rachel, a piano student brought this to me. I absolutely love smelly things.
Morgan, another piano student dropped off some cookies. She said the big one was for me and I could share the others with my family.
Miriam was at the Primary Activity and asked if I had a Birthday Cake. I told her I don't think I have had a birthday cake since I lived at home. She decided I couldn't have a birthday without cake. By the way Miriam, that is GOOOOOOOD Cake! I will need a recipe for that. Mmmmmm. I also liked the fact you only put 2 candles on it. 36 would have made a mess of the cake.
Look what my sweet husband surprised me with. My first pair of Cowboy Boots. They are going to be so cute with a skirt. (I can only imagine what my sisters are thinking. Denette with boots? Next thing we know she will get on a horse.)
It has been a good day spent with my family. A thanks goes out to those that made my day!




17 comments:

The Peterson 5 said...

Happy Birthday Denetty!! Looks like you had a great day with some yummy treats!

Shelly said...

Happy B-Day !!!! Now I know why you 4 sons- you like smelly things!!!love ya!!!!

Shelly said...

that should be HAVE 4 sons!!! Sorry I need to go to bed!!!

Tara said...

Happy birthday! That cake DOES look yummy! You'll have to share that recipe when you get it. Boy, we're getting old! :) Glad your day was a great one!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday!! Fun presents! How fun to be remembered by so many! Love the boots - so cute! Did your hubby pick them himself? I'm so impressed!And I second a recipe post for that cake! That picture made my mouth water! YUMMY!
Tara

Machelle Kay said...

Denette I laughed so hard when I saw the cowboy boots but they are awesome. I also think they would look good with a skirt. Happy birthday.

JJ and Stephanie said...

HOpe you had a great Birtday!! You must be an awsome piano teacher to have your kids thinks so nicely of you to bring such good treats!

Shani said...

Hey Denette, hope you had a great Birthday!! Sorry I never got back to you last week, we definitely need to get something scheduled soon...so we can say it's for your B-day!!

Delora said...

I am glad you had a happy birthday. You got some wonderful things to enjoy. Have a great day.

Annette said...

Happy Birthday - I am glad you came outside your box to share with us. Did Shane ever get his horse or horses? That cake does look good. And yes, Denette was an awesome piano teacher. I should have drove to Riverton...it would have been worth it.

Angelina said...

Happy Birthday Denette. Sounds like you had a great day! Yes you are a great teacher. Your students are very thoughtful. I third the posting of the cake recipe. It looked delicious.

Rosalyn said...

I wish I received that many gifts on my birthday. The cake does look yummy. How does 36 feel?

griffin gossip said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Love the boots. They will look so cute with a skirt. Now you can come down here and help with some calves? I have some cute pink one. What do you do, you just join em! Karen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Denette!

Roanna said...

It looks like you had a good birthday. And you will look good in boots.

Mom

Judy Andreason said...

Denette, I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. Sounds like you had a great day.

One Sassy Princess said...

Happy happy belated birthday!!! Sorry---I am so late at this My last month or so has been so hazey! Sure do love you and glad you are in the family!!