Sunday, February 8, 2009

Printing my blog

This post is for anyone who has actually printed your blog. I want to print my blog, but don't know anyone that has. I have seen a few websites out there that help you make a book out of your blog, but again I don't know anyone who has used them. Are they worth the money? Is it decent quality? Please leave a comment on your experience with printing. Even you "blog stalkers" that don't ever comment (I would fall into this category). I need some feedback.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Here's my two cents: If you hit print while on your blog page it prints your sidebar info on every single page. Waste of ink! If you select one month at a time (go to blog archive and select previous month at a time) then you can "select all" - "copy" - and "paste" it into a word program. Delete all of the excess junk and then print. It will print your entries in order (newest to oldest). Add page breaks where you want, resize pictures, etc and you're good to go. It's great - I do it all of the time! I've looked into the books, but I'm too cheap! Either way slideshows don't print, so adding single pictures is the way to go. It's a scrapbook and a journal in one!
Tara

anna said...

I've never had mine printed, but have been thinking about it too. If you do it, let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

You should check out the website
www.blurb.com
It is a website where you can print your blog.

jami said...

Hey Denette! I use a website called Heritage Makers. They are just like getting a hardbound personalized storybook! I actually signed up to be a consultant because I love their stuff so much. You can check out my website at utahstorybooks.com. They can be spendy, but they are great quality and I just do a yearbook and then special occasions (baptisms, etc.), so they are really worthwhile and my kids LOVE to read them over and over. If you want more info, let me know!