Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pancakes

I know many that have a big breakfast on Sunday mornings. That is, if they have late church. We have 1:00 church, but still no big breakfast here. Our Sunday mornings are go, go, go and don't lend themselves to big breakfasts.

So Bailey has taken it upon himself to make pancakes for breakfast. The first week he asked for pancakes, I was on my way out the door. There was no way I could do that. I handed him the recipe and said good luck. I came home and asked how they turned out. He said they were ok with syrup, but something was wrong with them. I tasted one and knew exactly where he had gone wrong. He had put Baking Soda in instead of Baking Powder, a common mistake. We all laughed about it and told our own stories about substituting salt for sugar.

The next week he wanted to try again. This time Norwegian Pancakes. I haven't ever made these because Shane always makes them. I don't even have a recipe written down for them. So he goes to his Dad. Shane writes down a recipe and Bailey is off to try them. They were pretty good.

This week, again he wanted to make Norwegian Pancakes and went looking for the recipe. I was on my way out again and glad to be. How rude is it that he is making Pancakes and it is Fast Sunday? I'm sure he is just trying to see how strong I am.

So there you have it. Shane can now retire from making Norwegian Pancakes. We now have Bailey.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Way to go Bailey!!!! You now have a new job Christmas mornings-good luck!!!!

Machelle Kay said...

That is so cool that he took the lead and did it. I wouldn't have. But that is me.

Angelina said...

That is cool!

Tara said...

haha! I love it! At least he won't starve when he goes on a mission someday - he can live off of pancakes!

Tara

Shauna said...

Chef Bailey. . . that's an awesome title. Keep up the good work. I'm really proud of you because Norwegian pancakes are NOT easy. Be early Christmas morning and I'll have a job waiting for you! Love 'ya lots! Is everybody better at your house yet??? How's Dallin? Stay healthy!!!